Cutie's Tip of Nose has changed color

Status
Not open for further replies.

twicky

Had Cutie about 2 months. I noticed, about 4 days ago, that the skin leading to the tip of his nose, has changed to a white color. I presumed this was part of shedding but then I started wondering, maybe not.
When I give him water, I usually drip it above his nose and his tongue darts in & out as it drips down and he drinks. Usually 75-100 drops at a time. I'm wondering is it possible, I have dripped a fungus or something onto his nose? I'm pretty clean about doing this, changing the water in his dropper every couple of days. Being a new owner, everything seems to be a problem (not quite). Any help, most appreciated. Hope these pictures show what I'm talking about.
thanks

CutiesNose_3pics.jpg

slddgk

My DJ had this as well ... the white nose lasted awhile before she started the shed. And shed in pieces ... first the tail, the head, and then the body ... I think I can't remember the exact order ... I just know it took awhile. Like 2 weeks or so. Anyway ... be patient ... your baby is just starting a normal shed.

twicky

Original Poster
Appreciate the comments. Seems like everything that is out of the ordinary for humans, is a topic for worry when it comes to the habits of our loved ones. One of the events that really got to me, was the lack of eating for up to 4 days. The first few times, it worried the daylights out of me. I would constantly try feed him to no avail. All of a sudden, it came to me, that is Cutie was hungry, he's going to eat. It's a natural instinct and sure enough, boom, he'll start pigging out.

Let me try another question ...

The first day I got him, he ate some dandelion greens and a piece of banana. Since then, he never eats vegetables or fruit. Also, he has given up on eating live crickets (I feed him the canned ones in their own juices now). He seems healthy enough but since I can't gutfeed canned crickets, I worry about how much calcium he gets.

Does a BD ever eat bread? I've never seen anything written on this subject.
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom