ADOPTING A BEARDIE WITH EYE PROBLEM? HELP PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephj27

I'm going to adopt this bearded dragon from a family. It is about 4 years old, looks very healthy (other than the eye), it's in a 55 gallon tank (long?) she doesn't know the wattage of the bulb or anything, he's eating normal, substrate is sand. Everything seems perfect other than his eye..I don't have a picture the only way I can describe it is it looks like he's wearing a colored contact and it's sliding around in his eye, like at one point he wasn't facing me but his one eye pretty much was looking at me. It's weird, and I'm sorry I don't have a better way of explaining but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about...all I really wanna know is what is it? and is there anything i can do about it? Either way I'm gonna get him but I don't want him to be in pain or anything. Please help.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hmm, I really dont have any idea what that could be. The coil compact uv bulbs, and the Reptiglo 10 have been known to cause eye problems, but I dont think I have heard of it causing anything like that.
Good luck with the new adoption. Keep us updated.

stephj27

Original Poster
Thanks :] I was thinking maybe hes going blind in that eye, or maybe a cataract or whatever they are but I have no idea. I'm still gonna get him though, and I just really hope it all works out he's really great :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom