Throw up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so i just changed my beardies viv. I added a fake plant, tiles, and a new rock. I just started take him out of his cage to feed him, and he ate about 30 crickets. It took me about an hour to set up his viv and when i put him in, he threw up within 5 min. First time he ever threw up. Any help please??

silverblade760

Original Poster
hes in a 30 L... hes 5 months old i've had him for 3.. i used i reptisun 10.0 flourescent. temps are usually around 102 for heat and 80 for cool... i feed him manily crickets for live food... for veggies he gets romaine lettuce, collard greens, and carrots... i usuallt switch between the lettuce and collard greens...

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What are you measuring the temps with, a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
I would avoid using just romaine lettuce as a green staple. It is ok to mix it with mustard or collard greens, but not alone. It is pretty watery & can cause diarrhea.
As for throwing up, perhaps he ate too fast?
Maybe the stress of changing his tank around possibly.

How is he doing this evening?

Tracie

silverblade760

Original Poster
well this just happened about 6 hours ago... he did however eat alot of crickets very quickly, atleast faster than normal. i use a probe for the heat side and a digital thermometer for the cool side

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Ok. Well, maybe, it was just a fluke. Sometimes if they eat too fast or too much at one time, that can happen. I would watch him closely for the next day or so, & hopefully it wont happen again.
How is he looking now, or is he sleeping?

Tracie

silverblade760

Original Poster
he's sleeping now.. he was perfectly normal for the 3 or 4 hours he was up after he threw up, doing normal studd like licking around and exploring the new viv setup..

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is your boy doing today, is he eating normally today? That is good he appeared to be fine though, just keep an eye on him & let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

silverblade760

Original Poster
well he's doing finr... but im having the hardest time trying to feed him outside of his tank... i have a basket which i warmed up so he wouldnt be cold and i out him in there... yesterday it took him a while but eventually he ate the crickets... today he was just staring and not doing anything.. I don't really have the time to wait like 30 min, for him to eat... he hadnt eaten since yesterday so i know he's hungry but he just wont eat.. i dont want to put the crickets in his tank again becaude they will get inside the ornaments

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Is he warm enough? The feeding bin you have is it clear?
After having an upset tummy, he may not have much of an appetite for a few days, but hopefully his appetite will come back real quickly.
You don't want to leave crickets in his tank because they can bite him which cause nasty sores that can get infected.

Tracie

silverblade760

Original Poster
right and thats why im trying to feed him outside his tank... but no the buckets not clear, its a yellowish color, i normally put the heat lamp over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom