has had his mouth open for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock2001

so i have been here on my computer for the last 15 20 minutes and darwin started to open his mouth a little bit then closed then he did it again and i snapped a picture, now he has had his mouth open for like 5 10 mintutes i have never seen this display before it's kind of worrying me. I'm not reaching for him so it's not his usual back off sign, so what could it be?

peera

Sub-Adult Member
What are his temps? Dragons usually gape to regulate their temps. It's nothing to worry about, although if he's doing it a lot (all day long) and/or tilting his head up, it's possibly a sign of a respiritory infection. However, if you pick him up and listen to him breathe and don't hear any popping/crackling sounds, it's probably not an RI.

brock2001

Original Poster
his basking temps are like 105 and cold side is 75...so it shouldn't be temperature problems and i can't hear a respiratory problem. He isn't gapping anymore though it stopped like five minutes after i made this post. Just a little wierdo

Just like it has been said, every once and a while is okay. As long as it isn't..... yah someone already said it. Lol, no need to repeat
what has already been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom