HELP SAVE MY THORRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorrrrrr

Hey guys, I was showing my Baby bearded dragon in some of our family members yesterday night. and then he jumped in our dining table but miss and fell on the floor (about 3ft tall) he was fine after the fall and still eat crickets and active. However, This morning he only ate half of his breakfast crickets So I got worried. I checked all my temperature (guessing its the temp.) it is normal. 110 degree and I know the UVB light is stil good cuz i got it 2 weeks ago. So i got home and my Thorrrrrr was just laying on his basking area. I offered food but he din't it. He just laying there. I also noticed that his poop smells stronger now. Please help my Thorrrrrr I'm sow scared.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hm, that is too bad. He may have hurt his back, & his coccidia levels have probably gone up because of it.
Did he land on a hard flood then? Tile?
What you should do now, is to go ahead & lower his basking spot (rock, etc) to where he doesn't have to climb so he doesn't further hurt himself. So don't forget to readjust the basking light to ensure he keeps consistent basking temps.
I would keep a close eye on him, & if he continues on this behavior, or you see any other strange behavior you should take him in for an x-ray. If he hurt his back, such as soft tissue areas, it wont really show up physically for a few weeks. So, it wont show on an x-ray but a broken bone would. You would need to get an ultrasound or an MRI done to determine any soft tissue injuries on him.
Let me know how he is doing.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is Thor doing today, any new problems to report? I hope she is doing ok today. Has she eaten?

Tracie

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
Hi Tracie, I went to the vet yesterday and she did not find any broken bones or any compaction. However, She find that my dragon is very dehydrated. (please help me to keep my dragon hydrated.) for sign of parasite, she scoop thorrrrrr's bum and get a small sample of his poop. However, that is not enough to see if he's infected with bad parasites. So today, im going there again to give them a sample of my dragon's poop. Today, she ate veggies and crickets. :D I was sow happy. my girlfriend and family is very happy. everyone got worried when they found out that little thorrrrrr was sick. now were happy again. Ill let you know what will she find after i bring them my dragon''s poop. thank you Tracie for helping me out. Good day and God Bless.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Great that he is eating & starting to do better. So he does not appear to have any injuries at the moment, & is using his back legs & walking normally?
Daily you can bathe him as well as use a plastic dropper to try & get oral fluids into him to help with hydration. You can get some pedialyte to help with replacing any electrolytes right now. A few cc's or ml's daily will really help him out.
I am happy that he is improving for you. Let me know how the fecal turns out. Don't medicate him without good reason, ok? Let me know what the counts are when the vet does the fecal.

Tracie

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
Hi Tracie, I have no idea what you mean "You can get some pedialyte to help with replacing any electrolytes right now. A few cc's or ml's daily will really help him out." and yeah he's walking all his leg. the vet dint find any broken bones or so. the test came this evening. she said she did not find any harmful parasite. She also said that i should keep an eye on my dragon because there might be still something wrong with him. right now, he ate 37 cricket :D and 2 meal worms. Thank you again Tracie for answering and being concern for my baby thorrrrrr

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh, I just mean, that if the vet thought that Thor was dehydrated, then pedialyte can really help with replacing electrolytes.
Great that they did not find any parasites, too.
Good that he did eat some crickets, that is a good sign. I agree, just keep a good eye on him as it does take a few weeks sometimes for an injury to show up.
Just get a plastic dropper to get a little bit of oral fluids into him.
I hope he is doing well today! :D

Keep me posted.

Tracie

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
ok ill go to a pet shop today and look for those droppers. thank you Tracie ^^ here's a picture of the setting and thorrrrrr

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Have a good day and god bless Tracie

Just like Tracie Drache said, get a dropper to get some oral fluids into him. I did this with my little baby, because he never got
the concept to drink out of a bowl. Also a nice warm bath will help rehydrate him, and relax any muscles that may be sore from the
fall. I am glad there are no parasites, that is very good. Keep us posted!

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
I gave him a bath today :D he hates it lol. i been scratch many many time but i endure those pain just to make my baby healthy. btw is it possible to cut there nails? they are really sharp. He also seemed to hate me a bit because of what the doctor did to him. (took a sample from his bum). Also, i have another question. Is it normal for them to just lay on there basking area? and what do your dragon do normally in his/her aquarium?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

One thing you will learn is that they can get really lazy! So, yes, most of the time that is normal for them to just lay under their basking light.
Of course, he might be sore too which he might not want to move around as much right now.
You can use an emery board to dull the nails, or you can get nail clippers are CAREFFULLY cut them but make sure & look for the vein. You should be able to see it easily so try not to hit that so he doesn't bleed. It is easy to trim them though. Just hold the hand up to the light & you can easily see the vein running down the nail.
Good luck with the bath! :lol:

Tracie

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Thorrrrrrr is adorable, such amazing colors. :p Has a paunchy belly already. 8) You can actually use a plastic medicine dropper like they sell at pharmacies or probably even your grocery store. I buy the last plastic ones like are used to give toddlers medicine & they work very well. I hope he licks some diluted Pedialyte off his nose for you.

So, he doesn't like baths yet? One thing that helps is to put a washcloth on the bottom of the sink or container to help keep him from sliding around. You could also hold him in the palm of your hand making sure that the vent area (where he poos) is right down in the water for about 15 min, that will help to hydrate him. Giving a bath at least 3 times a day is a good idea.

I noticed a round gauge thermometer laying on his rock, just wanted to mention that those are inaccurate and can be as much as 20 degrees off. The only 2 ways to get a good reading are with either a temperature gun or a digital thermometer that has a long wire with a probe on the end.

The 20 gallon tank won't last him very long as they grow very quickly. What wattage bulb are you using in the tank now? Could you fill us in on the UVB light, is it a compact, coil, or strip fluorescent? How close is he to that bulb? There are some UVB's that are dangerous so just want to make sure that his is perfect. :wink:

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
thanks for the help guys! ok the UVB that he's using is 10.0 Coil. the basking light is 150W (Retile Glow) the UVB is about 15 inches away from the basking area. for the temperature gauge, I am not using this digital thermometer that i bought in a petshop. it still remain in 100 degree so i guess it ok. he is now 11 inches. (almost a foot :D). I dont know what aquarium should i get. I decided to look for a professional to cut his nails I dont want to hurt my baby Thorrrrrr or worst make him bleed. But ya this morning, I woke up and he was looking at me and i know what it means. ( human! give me my breakfast!) he ate more than usual. He scratches the aquarium if he wants more. and he wont stop until you give him some. for vegetables, he ate 70% of them and i give him 3 times a day (morning lunch and dinner). so Im here again for another question. What greens and fruits should i feed my dragon? what i do is i but spring mix at safeways. thanks in advance!

P.S. medicine droppers work like a charm. Now he actually drink in the palm of my hand! :D :blob5: :blob8: PIC SOON! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom