HELP SAVE MY THORRRRRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi that's great that the medicine dropper helped. :p So, he likes eating out of your hand?

So, you do have a digital then, but does it have a long wire with a probe at the end? If not, you're not going to get a good reading unfortunately. With the digital with probe, you have to lay the probe on the basking surface right under the light, wait about 45 min for the temp to stop rising before you get the final reading, then you do the same thing on the cool side. A 150 watt basking bulb seems like way too much for only a 20 gallon tank. When I used one that size, I used a 75 watt household bulb in the winter and a 60 watt in the summer, so it sure seems like you would need to lower the wattage.

Unfortunately, coil UVB's are very dangerous, causing all kinds of health problems. Would suggest you turn that off right away as he would be better without any at all for a few days. Here's a site that shows the best fluorescent UVB you can get if you live in the U.S. and this company is great to deal with: http://www.petmountain.com/product/bulbs/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-high-output-uvb-bulb.html

Please keep us updated on him & let us know if you have any questions. :wink:

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
ok ill go back to my 75 watt basking light. Also, for the UVB, I have to buy those fluorescent ones...I been fooled by the pet store again :banghead: time to save up for a fluorescent light! Can you give me a list of what i can feed my baby? thank you in advance

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you need a list of greens & veggies? As far as feeders goes, you can feed phoenix worms, butterworms, small crickets or small roaches.
As far as greens try for mustard greens, collard greens, dandelion greens, endive, escarole, & turnip greens. Some veggies that are the most commonly fed are squash varieties usually butternut squash, yellow squash or winter type of squash.
A great feeding list is found here:

http://www.beautifuldragons.com Click on the nutrional link

How is he doing today?

Tracie

Thorrrrrr

Original Poster
thank you for the list of veggies Tracie. Thorrrrrr is now hunting crickets :p he walks around the accuarium and love eating greens. He's doing great! :D

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

GREAT that Thor is chasing crickets. He is eating greens too? I am happy that he is doing better now, awesome! :blob5:

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom