Looks like little shells EDIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobby293

I might be over acting but lets see. I saw these first in by sliders poop in her tank then in my BD's poop. They look like little shells. sorry no pics I threw it way before I thought of it. Dobby is on news paper because he is only a couple months old. All the temps are correct tested with probes. UVB repti-sun 10. I hope someone has a answer. If I see the shell like things I will post a pic. He is eating really well the only thing is that he seems to have more than usual liquid with the poop, it is solid just extra liquid on the news paper.

I have come to the conclusion that the shells were just Cricket heads and not shells. Thanks for the help. Looking at poop is SO much fun.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Do you know what type of substrate he was on before you got him? If he was on walnut substrate prior to your care, then, that could be what is coming through him. How long have you had him?
Good that you have him on newspaper.
Was the stool full of the "shell" looking substance? What did the urates (white portion) look like, hard, or soft?
Or are you talking about the shell of a feeder such as mealworms?
What are you feeding him?
Do you have the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube or the compact or coil light? How close is it to him? Do you have it placed right beside a bright white basking light?
Good that you are using digital probes to measure your temps. What are they measuring the temps at?

Tracie

dobby293

Original Poster
Hi there!

Do you know what type of substrate he was on before you got him? The breeder had all the babies on paper towels.
If he was on walnut substrate prior to your care, then, that could be what is coming through him. How long have you had him? We've had him since September 2nd.
Good that you have him on newspaper.
Was the stool full of the "shell" looking substance? What did the urates (white portion) look like, hard, or soft? I only saw one shell looking piece, so it's not through the whole stool. White portion is solidish, but his poops have been extra juicy lately.
Or are you talking about the shell of a feeder such as mealworms? I guess it could be, but it looks more like a teeny tiny snail shell. And actually taking a closer look it could almost be a cricket head. Is that possible?
What are you feeding him? He gets wax worms or mealworms on his salad in the morning, and crickets in the evening.
Do you have the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube or the compact or coil light? We have the tube one.
How close is it to him? The tube light is about 8 inches from him if he's on his backing log.
Do you have it placed right beside a bright white basking light? They are pretty close. The basking light shines in the middle of the tank, while the tube light is on the back wall.
Good that you are using digital probes to measure your temps. What are they measuring the temps at? Basking spot is around 105-110, cool spot is in the 80's.

Thanks for the help! I'm going to guess it's a cricket head for now. How silly I feel for examining poop!

LJean

Extreme Poster
I'm sure we have all examined poop a time or two, LOL
Could be a cricket head or worm head. ;) I hope that is the last you of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom