my bearded dragon is not growing i think it is m. bone disei

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheese

Hatchling Member
hi i have had godzilla for about three weeks and i read that bearded dragons on like 15 articles that they grow 1 half inches he has only grown 3 fourths of an ich i have a tube uvb and a 100 watt rep zilla bulb i feed him 8 crickes a day and dandeelian greens :shock:

Why do you think its MBD? Godzilla should be eating way more then 8 crickets a day I have small eaters compared to what others on here eat! and they have finished off 400hundred Phoenix worms in less then a week! with greens. I would say 50 crickets a day whatever your little one can eat in 15 minutes I feed live bugs twice a day and they have veggies in their cage all day I change it 3 times a day to keep it fresh!

cheese

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
really 50 crickets one lady who breeds them said 9-10 crickets a day and godzilla is not interested in more than five each feeding i dont now who to believe

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
Believe the people who have been on this website a while, you will see some of the healthiest dragons here, talk to real breeders.

Your dragon should eat 25-50 crickets a day to grow properly.

LJean

Extreme Poster
What size crickets are you feeding? My dragons eat a lot of bugs in a day. 8 would never do.

What are the temps in the tank? Maybe once your baby starts eating more crickets he will grow a bit more. They do go thru growth spurts. Has he shed?

cheese

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
that is so expensive, just wanted to see how much food i do not trust you and i think i am going to get a bigger one any way

LJean

Extreme Poster
It is expensive to feed a baby dragon. My 6 month old can eat 200 phoenix worms a day. Crickets being a bit bigger, she can eat at least 30-50 of them.

cheese

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
no he has not shed and his temps are 105 at basking and 86 on cool side and 75 at night and i feed him about 1cm crickets :roll:

LJean

Extreme Poster
Maybe he just isn't quite settled in yet. My youngest dragon took awhile to get used to things, including eating in front of us. I know it was over a month before she starting eating many bugs.

My older dragon had a slow start, then would grow quite a bit one month, and not as much the next. Hang in there.

Are you supplementing with calcium and vitamins?

LJean

Extreme Poster
I wish it wasn't true. But yep! They can eat a lot of bugs in a day.

Can you grow your own instead of paying for them?

cheese

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i just started vitamins about5 days ago and breed crickets wood be a good idea any ifo on that

LJean

Extreme Poster
Look in the "Feeders" section for information on breeding your own bugs. I haven't done it, so wouldn't be any help. ;) Though the petstore I use is closing, so may need to breed my own too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom