my bearded dragon is not growing i think it is m. bone disei

Status
Not open for further replies.

slddgk

I have had DJ for about 3 months now ... and when I first got her it took her a little while to settle in, and once I got the lighting and temps right she was good to go for eating. I feed her in a separate container and she eats anywhere from 18-30 crickets in one sitting. She also eats a mixture of greens (collard, mustard, turnip and kale) topped with a variety of squash and fruits. She has only shed once since we have had her, but she has grown at least 4 inches possibly 5-6 since we got her. She has quite the big belly on her. I have found that buying 1000 crickets at a time from places like Ghanns Cricket Farm and my most recent place Reptile Food online seems beneficial. And he beardies get older there protein (live feeder) intake decreases and their veggie/greens intake increases. So just hang in there ... it will get cheaper to feed them.

The people on this forum are wonderful with years of experience. I would trust them fully. They are awesome and very loving and caring. I have learned so much from them.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
cheese":2c334 said:
that is so expensive, just wanted to see how much food i do not trust you and i think i am going to get a bigger one any way

Well, that's a shame that you don't trust the folks you are asking for help, but they are being truthful. If your beardie is only eating 8 crickets a day, then conditions are not right. Adults can eat about that much, but a growing bd needs way more than that. I changed my bd to a MegaRay MVB and she started eating more, immediately. She now has the appetite that she needs. I just got back from vacation for 6 days, and I swear she had a growth spurt (she even shed a lot while I was gone)!

If you really think your bd has MBD, then you need to do something about it immediately. If you are using a bad UVB source and not supplementing with calcium, then it probably does. You have to act fast, or else your BD will be stricken with a long life of pain and discomfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom