passing urates only

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
Hi,

Reggie is my new lizard boy (home for 6 weeks) and is a year old. He has had three incidents of passing urates only (1 yesterday afternoon, and 2 today). Poo has been normal (1 Thursday, Friday, Sat and today.) and nothing noticable. We have recently purchased some horn worms on Friday, and he has been eating them like crazy (3 or 4 yesterday/Friday, and today).

His current set up is as follows:
Tank 36x24x18
Basking Temp: 101F (digital)
Ambient: 80F
Substrate: Tile
Light: MVB Sun Force 1 month old
Food includes: crickets, occasional superworm, hornworms, mustard, turnip and collard greens, red peppers (only once), carrots, apples (1 x a week). He also loves his baby food (sweet potatoes) and will eat 1 to 2 tsp at a time. He has not had any since Thursday though (ate 1 1/2 tsp).
Bathed 2 to 3 x's a week.
We are not exact on our off and on times (have to set up our timer).

Any ideas??? Should I make a appt. with a vet? I was going to wait until next week, but may bump it up. Is this normal?

Thanks again.

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am trying to bump this post up because I am worried about Reggie. If anyone knows if this is ok or not, please help.

Thank you!
Robin

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
Everything sounds pretty good.That MVB is new to me so I will wait for someone else to comment on it as I am not sure of its quality.When you say urates are they normal looking(white/soft not runny)?He is also pooping at different times?It may just be that he is well hydrated which is fine so I wouldnt panic just yet.Other then the urates how is his behavior and appetite?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Vicky, I came across this bulb recently - couldnt find much info but apparently they should be 12" from basking spot if using a screen and 18" without a screen. They produce a minimum of 200microwatts/cm2 of UVB and 400microwatts/cm2 of UVA if that means anything to you. The info also mentioned that they provide UV at a distance of up to 3 feet.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Im not sure but I dont think it was independent - I cant seem to locate the info - I have it all written down (when I was doing an MVB decision making day!) I should have mentioned this last post (its late here) - I remember something about independent tests not being complete yet and have written down 'wider than megaRay - UV index over 14' with a giant red x beside that - obviously I decided this was not a 'good' bulb as 'x' was my mark of bulb elimination!

dobiegil2000

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the help. I am new to beardies, and want to make sure he is ok. His behavior is great as usual,and appetite is good. They do seem to be normal and not runny. I will be buying the mega rays soon, but I am waiting to finish his cage, and look at the needs once it is finished.

Thanks again,
Robin

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
dobiegil2000":a6279 said:
Thanks for the help. I am new to beardies, and want to make sure he is ok. His behavior is great as usual,and appetite is good. They do seem to be normal and not runny. I will be buying the mega rays soon, but I am waiting to finish his cage, and look at the needs once it is finished.

Thanks again,
Robin
No problem.I would just keep an eye on him and make sure he is having normal poops and as long as his genaral behavior,appetite,appearance is ok then I am sure he is fine.If you have any questions please feel free to ask.I am sorry I cant give you specifics on the UVB you are using but I am going to look into it further and if I finf anything I will let you know but its good that you are going with the Megarays :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom