PLEASE HELP!!! Im a little scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok It has now been 3 days since my Beardie has ate ANYTHING. I have tried crickets which he normally eats right up and salad which he has never ate. I dont know what else it could be. The temps are right on I just dont know. Please help. He is only 5 months old or so

John

Sp1ke

Hatchling Member
Is he getting ready to shed? Beardies tend to go on hunger strikes every so often, mostly to make us worry about them.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
OK, it's good that he's pooping - that means he's not impacted. I know you said your temps are right on, but would you humour me and tell me what they are and how you're measuring them? Also, what kind of UV light are you using?

mustang8402

Original Poster
Okay about the shedding not really sure if he is or not I have had him about 1 month and he hasent shed yet. Temps....Basking 107.7 other side of tank 88.4. I use a Reptisun 10.0 which I just got two days ago. He can get about 7-8 inches away from it. How can I tell If he is getting ready to shed?

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
OK, UV and temps sound good. Is the Repti-Sun a tube or a coil bulb? If it's a tube then you're OK, but if it's a coil then you'll want to exchange it for the tube. If he's getting ready to shed, his skin will start looking dull and whitish or pinkish in certain areas.

mustang8402

Original Poster
Im sorry the light is a tube. As far as color goes he looks great. I dust his crickets in the Rep-Cal pink label everyday when I feed him.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Hmmm. Well that's very odd. Your UV and heat is good, he doesn't sound impacted, and at that age he should be an eating machine. How do his poops look? Are they formed or liquidy? How smelly are they? Liquidy, super-smelly poops can be a sign of parasites.

mustang8402

Original Poster
Poops are firm and not smelly. Sometimes have a little white in the poop but I have seen that in all of his poops. He also scratches at the side of the tank alot.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Now I think your bd is just trying to freak you out! The only other thing I can think of is stress - has anything, even something really small, changed in his cage or in the area that he can see in the last few days? Sometimes they can experience relocation stress from even a very minor change.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What type of thermometer are you using to check the temps? The cool side tank is a little too warm, should be closer to 80 degrees. Are you using a white or colored basking bulb? For his age, his food should be dusted with calcium 5 days a wk, 1 feeding a day and with vitamins the other 2 days, 1 feeding a day.

mustang8402

Original Poster
I am using a white bulb. I just realized I got a Corn Snake 3 days ago and the two tanks are 2 inches from each other (in their own tanks ofcourse) could that be it? I dont have a background cover on either of the tanks. I am using digital temp guage with a probe

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It certainly could be that he is being freaked out by the snake. Would suggest covering it so he can't see it or moving one of the tanks to another room.

mustang8402

Original Poster
Got it!! That didnt even dawn on me about the snake being so close I think i'll go to the petstore tomorrow if their open and get a nice background that covers 3 sides of the tank and for tonight move the snake. Thanks to all of you for the help and great info. If you might think of anything else please let me know.

John and Gomer the beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom