Weird Yellow Liquid on Beardies head. Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm worried. Moto, my four month old beardie, has recently had yellow liquid coming out of his head like right above the eye. The basking temperatures are all the right, he eats normally, and he acts normal. I was touching it to figure out what it was, not too much though, and he didn't seem to react as if it hurt but then again I don't know how tolerant they are to pain. I wipe the yellow liquid away but it just comes back the next day. It kinda of looks like his skin is like..disappearing. It is sort of starting to happen on the other side too. Any one know what this is? I was reading about yellow fungus but I'm not sure if that is what it is. I haven't gone to the vet, there are no vets anywhere aroud where I live that look at reptiles so I was hoping that would be a last resort. Thanks, Kim

Sorry the pictures aren't the best quailty.
GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Can you please try to post your pictures again for us? Thanks.
That sounds like some type of infection or abscess going on. Did he have an injury of some sort in that area?
If he is oozing yellow liquid, that would have to be puss & he needs to see a vet immediately as there is infection in that area already & it will spread.

Tracie

KimnAustin990

Original Poster
So I took him to where I bought him from and they looked at it and said it was a bacterial infection. So he put betadine on it and neosporin. We have been doing that ever since. I guess it is getting better. I'll keep you posted.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Where did you buy him from then? I would watch that very closely though as sometimes infections travel.
How is his appetite?
I am glad that it seems to be looking better now.
What caused that, did he have a bad shed or scratch it on something?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom