still sluggish

Status
Not open for further replies.

(b)dragon tamer

Hatchling Member
liza still isn't eating much or pooping. She did the same thing last year but she was only 4 months old then. All she does now is hide. You can trust me her tank is fine and the temps are right. I was just wondering if I should pay close attention and bath her and force feed her and give her olive oil or just leave her alone.

Thanks
8)
PS if there's typos that's because i'm on an iPod sorry!

(b)dragon tamer

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I thought about that but she also did the same thing when she was 4 months old so im confused about that.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm glad you posted this. My newest baby, I think she's 4 months now, has had an appetite that varies. Sometimes she eats only like 4 small pieces of collard greens and no crickets or small superworms. Of course, that time it was a little colder here outside, even tho her tank was the correct temps. It seems the only thing that worked was to give her some acidolphiliz+ the liquid made for reptiles. We gave her some yesterday am after she hadn't eaten much since Wednesday. It seemed to work.

I do remember Redrock last year when she was 1.4 years +/- old. She ate but not much and she would wake up some days about 12:30 pm and want to go back to sleep at 3 or 4pm. She loved superworms but refused to eat them at all from the middle of September 07 until the middle of March 08. For her it had something to do with her body knowing that the cold temps were comming so it was time to slow down. I've been reading that sometimes even babies slow down on their eating in the winter time. It's when they stop at that age that there could be a problem. I have read about say 9 or 10 month olds going into brumation, but they are usually close to adult size.

I suggest getting a fecal done on yours, unless you have already done that and she's clear of any parasites, just to make sure that she's healthy enough to let brumate. Some do go to sleep for several days or weeks, then come out for awhile. Then others will sleep for 3 months or so.

That is the only suggestion I have about the trouble you've had with your girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom