please help Spike choked , he's gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

LQDragons

Juvie Member
my 2 year old male has choked on collard greens. I found himwith his head pointed down & mouth open, stomping his front feet. I picked him up and he started flaling his head back and forth and flew out of my hands on to the floor. He did cough it up, but there was what looked like raw chicken(never, ever eaten chicken) with the greens. I held him head down & he coughed a little more. He's breathing but very shallow & not moving at all, I pick his head up & it just falls down. I'm so worried about him. what can I do? I'm a grown man & I'm so upset I'm crying

my little man has passed, he will be dearly missed. this is so hard what do I do with him

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I am sorry that sounds very frightening.Did you look in his mouth to make sure there isnt anything else in there?You said along with the greens something else came out?As in vomit?Its possible he was forcing so hard that he vomitted also.Is he awake?He is probably exhausted but you do need to make sure his mouth is clear then maybe wrap him up in a towel or blankie and just hold him so he relaxes a bit.You said he is breathing shallow?

LQDragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
it could have been vomit , never seen BD vomit. yes, breathing very shallow, & he's seems to be sleeping . Another thing is his beard went black, but only parts of it

thank you for responding so quickly

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok no problem.Hopefully he is just exhausted from the ordeal.Is his beard still black?It is normal for it to be black when in distress.If he is sleeping I would just let him relax a little.When you say shallow does it seem like his normal breathing while he is sleeping?

LQDragons

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I do believe his breathing is normal, now. I think we both freaked out, Spike & I, well my wife and son too. Thank you for your comforting words, he's my little buddy and I was afraid........

if anything changes, I'll post it.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Ok good just make sure he stays warm and comfortable tonight and keep him relaxed.I am glad he seems ok now.Keep me posted on his progress.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
I was checking in to see how spike was, it never occured to me it might be fatal. What a horrid shock.
Im so sorry for your loss. I dont know what Id do without Dex.

Id make sure you give him a real goodbye. Find somewhere to bury him where he'd love, like under a nice tree or shrub in your garden.
Then when you look out you can imagine him scampering around.

Im sure he knew how loved he was and he will be looking down on you whenever you get veggies out of your fridge.
God bless x

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry for your loss of Spike, that is extremely devastating to lose him, but in that manner. :cry: I am truly sorry.
If you need anything at all, we are here for you.
He will remain with you forever though, so maybe that can bring a little bit of peace for you, in time.

Tracie

neecie

Juvie Member
I'm so sorry too. Should we learn that maybe the veggies should be chopped small? Was the collard in big pieces. I'm worried about large silkworms and my 5 month old. Don't want to take the chance - despite reading that they are soft and shouldn't be a problem.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Oh goodness I am so sorry :( I really thought he had gotten through it ok last night.I am not sure why he passed if he had cleared his airway.The only thing I can think of is that there was more obstruction there.Again I am so very sorry.I wish I could have been of more help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom