I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME,

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSCOTT1

MY SON HAS A BEARDED DRAGON. IT IS ONLY 3 MO. OLD. WHEN WE GOT HOME TONITE WE FOUND HER ON HER BACK ON THE FLOOR OF HER TANK. I PUT HER (DIPSTICK) UP ON HER LOG, BUT SHE IS NOT MOVING MUCH. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON?

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
what are the conditions like in her cage? what are the temperatures on the hot side(under heat lamp) and on the cool side? what are the night time temps? what are you using to measure the temps, what kind of thermometer? is there sand on the ground or something else? what kind of light or lights are over her, what are their name brands? what has she been eating?

sorry for all the questions but if you can answer as many as possible it will help us troubleshoot.

sorry things arent going so well, hopefully we can get her healthy again.

MSCOTT1

Original Poster
OK HERE I GO I'M NOT REALY VERY GO AT ALL OF THIS. I DON'T KNOW EVERYTHING YOU ASK. SHE HAS A GRASS MAT ON THE FLOOR AND HEATING MAD UNDER THE TANK. TEMPERTURE IN JUST UNDER 100 ON THE HOT SIDE. THAT IS WHERE WE FOUND HER. THE THERMOMETES CAME FROM PETSMART WHERE WE GOT DIPSTICK. THE BASKING BULD IS 75 WATTS . NAME BRAND I THINK IS ALLLIVING THINGS.
I JUST CHECKED ON HER AND SHE IS NOT MOVING HER BACK LEGS. PLEASE LET ME SHE IS NOT GOING TO DIE. OK I KNOW YOU CAN'T SORRY I ASKED. I TURNED DOWN HER LIGHT FOR THE NIGHT.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
ok, get rid of the heat pad under the tank.

is the thermometer a little round stick on one, or a digital one with a probe on a long wire. if its the first kind its waaay too inaccurate to be using on BDs. if its a digital probe one that takes batteries your in good shape.

ive never heard of that bulb but i dont think they make 75watt spirals. sounds like its just a regular heat bulb. just make sure its only on one side of the tank.

has she had the chance to eat anything like sand or other bedding in the cage? sometimes if you let them eat sand or something it can stop them up inside.

try to get a light that stretches the length of the tank from this site:
http://www.petmountain.com/product/fluorescent/504983/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-bulb.html

thats the kind of bulb you need to keep this animal healthy. you still use the heat lamp, just keep in on one side. also, if you have the cheapo little stick on thermometer i strongly recomend getting a better one. if you have the cheap one and it says 100 its probably more like 115 :shock: .

MSCOTT1

Original Poster
NO SAND IN HER CAGE OR ONTHE BEDDING. I JUST PICK HER UP AND HER STOMACH IS VERY COOL AND LARGE.SHE WAS ON THE FLOOR OF THE TANK AGAIN.
IS THERE SOMETHING I SHOULD DO FOR HER?

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
maybe try giving her a soak in slightly warm water. the water should be deep enough to reach her shoulders, hot too high though. make sure its not too warm, just a little more so than room temp. fold up a paper towell and place it under her head so she doesnt inhale water. use a clean eyedropper or feeding syringe to suck up the water around her and gently squirt it up and down her back. dont let water get in her ears or or on her face.

you have to watch them while bathing, especially in your case. dont let her out of your sight while shes in the water or she might flip over again.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
oh, and what are your nighttime temps? if it gets below 60F then you need to get a ceramic heat emmiter for nighttime heat. if its stays above 60, your ok.

MSCOTT1

Original Poster
SHEIS HAVING A REALY HARD TIME WALKING. I WILL GO TRY A BATH WITH HER. THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP. I THINK SHE MIGHT HAVE BROKE HER BACK OR SOMETHING WHEN SHE FELL OFF THE LOG THAT IS WHY SHE WAS UNABLE TO MOVE. BYE FOR NOW.
K SCOTT

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
I am sorry this is going on.Of first thing you have gotten some good advice but let me recap a few tings,remove anything in the tank your beardie can climb on for the night so he doesnt fall.Once he is in the bath you are going to need ot massage gently from armpit down towards vent in case he is impacted.It doesnt sound like you have uvb,do you?You will need to get this and also get those temps corrected and the thermometer.Definately take out the heat mat.Do you have any uncooked rice?If you do fill a sock with some and warm it in the microwave then lay your beardie on it and wrap him in a toewl to keeo him warm tonight,ok?Are you giving vitamins?What are you feeding him?When did he poop last?

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
It kind of sounds like she may be impacted. If she is not moving her legs she may not be, because she is in a lot of pain. Keep soaking her, possibly get her to eat a lil applesauce (non-sweetened) or even take a drop or two of veggie oil.

If her temps are off she may not have been digesting properly and that could be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom