Glass dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.

liz_bristol

Hi all,

Haven't been on for a while, as Denzil the dragon has been happy and well! But in the last week or so he's being going absolutely nuts glass dancing - as far as i can tell he's doing it all day from when he wakes up to when he goes to sleep. I always let him out when I see him doing it, but quite often he just starts doing it from the outside, like he wants to get back in. He's been really energetic, running around the flat like a mad thing, and he seems grumpier than usual (he's always had a bit of an attitude problem, bless him).

I wondered whether this might be some kind of sexual thing, as he's 15 months old now so could it be a sexual maturity thing? It's worth mentioning that I have no proof (other than probability) that 'he' is really a 'he' and not a 'she'. It's always been hard to tell. I'd really like to get him a friend, but obviously don't want to do this until I'm sure of the sex. It's just that if this manic energy is indicative of him wanting a partner I don't want to deny the little fella. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Liz

peera

Sub-Adult Member
Beardies are solitary and really don't need or want friends. :) If you bring another home he's likelier to go even more crazy. Offhand I would guess you're right and he's hit sexual maturity and is attacking his reflection thinking it's another dragon. He'll probably calm down after a while. Have you checked temps and everything to make sure all's well on that front?

liz_bristol

Original Poster
Yep temps are all fine - He doesn't seem to be attacking the glass - it's more like he doesn't realise it's there (duh!) and he's just really agitated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom