HELP!! beardie not moving after bath

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave my little girls a bath Lilly the one I have a question about drank a lot of water more then normal then lifted her head and then it dropped down in the water again like she died, I got her out right away put her in her in her tank to get warm now I then noticed she lifted her head as if she was choking on something! now I notice water coming out of her nose???
any advice, I can't find a emergency vet that deals with reptiles,!

her tank set up
reptisun 10 can get about 6-8 inches from reptisun
temps 102-105 checked with a temp gun
calcuim 5 times a week vitamins 2 times a week

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
ops sounds like she breathed in some water. How old is she? Where do you bath her? how deep was the water? I hope she makes it :(

lillybd2008

Original Poster
She is a small 6 month old the water was not very deep but when she layed her head down her nose went under
Now she is on her hammock watching outside breathing much better I hope she makes it to! seems to be doing much better! I am watching her very close I found out she can get a black beard never seen it before on her and that seems to be going away poor baby girl!!!

burt1016

Juvie Member
my beardie did that once. he was in a bath. he put his head down opened his moutn lifted his head and dropped it... i picked him up and put him in my towel and he looked at me like why did you take me out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom