pooping issuses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magellan will not poop in his cage only in the most ridiculous places. today when he went (on the computer desk) there was a white creamy marital only a little bit then he pooped normal. Should I be worried cause I am. :( :?

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Alot of dragons don't want to deal with their poop in their homes.

If that is the case with yours I would recommend twice a day poop baths! This will give him a clean place to go poop with no clean ups.

RaginRainbow85

Original Poster
Oh well that makes since I saw that a few other dragons like poop baths. But what about the white creamy stuff is that because of the food? If I am reading right adult dragons get only 20-40 crickets 2-3 times a week I don't know I was giving them to him every day. He is my first, I have not even had him for a week so I am still super nervous about everything with him. I just want him happy and comfy

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The white creamy stuff is called 'urates' and is the dragon equivalent of pee. This is normal and if the urates shrinks can be a sign that something is wrong.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
I can't answer about feeding as my guy is only 3.5 months old and we still eat feeders twice a day.

But the others have answered you about the white stuff. If it's runny white poops... he's well hydrated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom