bearded hasnt shed for months!!! HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywalker

Hi all!

Remembered i post about my bearded (zealot) who has URI? Shes a big girl now! Growing strong and Very fat. anyway guys, i've got another problem, i've got another bearded (Godzilla) lets say 3 months back, when it first came, it was around the same size zealot, however She doesnt seem to eat as much as zealot and she HASNT SHED EVER SINCE i got her, Any solutions? I'm worried about her, she doesnt take crickets, even if she does, only 1 or 2 and she refuses to eat any others unlike Zealot.

Please advice on why shes not shedding or eating well? they are housed together and i do bathe them and let them swim regularly. Thanks.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I have had beardies that were housed together and I was lucky that they were the best of friends. The two I have now are not housed together but when outside together they seem to play nice. Once in a while one will try to crawl on top of the other. These two will not be housed together as I think more problems will arise if they are. That being said: I think part of the problem with your beardie that isn't eating or growing could be stress related due to domination because of being housed together. I have read many posts of problems arising because of that problem. I, also, remember reading about two being separated and then the one that wasn't thriving starts to thrive, this is because the domination has ceased because they were separated.

I hope this helps a little without sounding mean and "you must do this". I miss having my first two because of the best friends they were (among other things), but I would never house two together again, in case something happened, I couldn't afford to loose another beardie, it hurts to much.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
If one of them is not eating then that is not good. Take it from me, i had 2 beardies housed together and one of them stopped eating. You really should concider separating them. I almost lost my beardie becuase of it. I never saw them fight but one day I came home and one of them had lost his toe and tip of tail. I never saw them fight but they where. Some beardies like eachother and some just dont get along and there is nothing you can do about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom