not for the faint of heart...(or weak stomachs) *picture*

Status
Not open for further replies.

slantedii

Hatchling Member
My poor beardy is having stool issues...he is 8 months old, and for the past month his stool has gotten progressively runnier and smelly. He didnt go for like 2 days and when he did go it looked like he made up for lost time. What does it look like? and does it warrant immediate vet attention?
Ive temped gun his basking spot at about 105...and night temps dont drop below 65...he eats mostly crickets, but have started to introduce dubias (problem started before dubias entered his menu) and for greens he mostly eats collard greens, sometimes choi? i think thats what it is called. just curious what you guys think...any input is appreciated.
DSC03497.jpg

atreyu917

Juvie Member
I can't remember what yellow urates is indicative of, but he could be possibly a bit dehydrated from the looks of how hard his poo is. I could be wrong though! How's his water intake? how often do you bath?

neecie

Juvie Member
As mentioned...............maybe 15 min in a warm bath would be relaxing and get more out. funny, when you have kids and pets - poo isn't hard to discuss or handle. x

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hi
Yellow urates are a sign of dehydration and also can be a sign of calcium imbalance(usually too much).I would definately go with the bath first but also make sure you watch the calcium intake.As for a strong odor/runny stool can be a sign of parasites if it continues I would get a fecal done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom