PINK poop. Pics.UPDATE:Now just passing water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
Dex is my rescued beardie whom Ive had for 3 months now. Something caught my eye as she was pooping. Bright pink!

DSC00540.jpg

What on earth could this be? Is it old calci-sand she's now passing????

I opened her viv right away to see what it was and she hopped out and had a 10 minute run around the room before deciding she'd shuffle back to her viv. She wasnt in any discomfort whilst pooping and is basking happily at present.

Recent behaviour:
- Feeding:
Dex has always been a battle to feed. She was rescued from a viv which contained many species of lizard who prayed upon her. She hardly ever ate. Now with me she will pick out the live food from her veggie bowl and will only ingest veggies by accident. She frequently throws hunger strikes.
She hasnt been eating properly for 3 weeks. All she's had is a handfull of supers and chicken+squash babyfood with vits+calc.
Over the last week her eating seems to be picking up again. Two supers a day at the moment.

- Enclosure:
I went away friday-monday and left her with a local reptile store as they run a 'bed and breakfast' for beardies.
She was kept on the same sand I have and was fed supers, locusts and refused her veg.
As she only drinks from a bath and wasnt given any when she was away she is now a little dehydrated so ive been bathing her twice a day.

Please respond. Im frantic.

How old is your dragon? rescue. unknown.
How long have you had your dragon? 3 months
How long is your dragon? 17 inches.
What is the sex of your dragon? female.
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in? 120 gallon viv
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank? sifted playsand.
Do you use UVB lights? yes.
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb? MVB
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)? 100w REALSUN MVB (i know its not great. its all my town stocks and i have a TREX on order)
How old is your UVB bulb? 3 months.
How close can your dragon get to the UVB? 9 inches.
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage? no.
What are the basking temps? 109 at the moment
What is the cool side temp? 78 (only just turned the light on for morning an hour ago so still warming up)
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun? i have two probed electronic termoms at each end.
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps? on her basking rock.
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad? no.
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific. see above.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)? whenever i can coax her at present.
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc? yes.
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them? DRAGON-DUST. everyday at present because some days she wont eat.
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)? Yes. She pooped last night and this morning,.
Do you bath your dragon? How often? usually daily but she's being bathed twice daily at the moment because she is dehydrated (she was looked after for 3 days and wasnt bathed)
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath? No. she loathes being misted.
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon? no.
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done? still unable to find a vet who is familiar with reptiles anywhere near my small town.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
Update:
Oddly enough Dex is the most active she's been in 3 weeks. She's tapping on the glass and climbing all over the place.

if anyone can shed some light on the poop id be thrilled.
Im still very worried, and now, in light of her playful behaviour, incredibly confused.

Could it just have been from the baby food? I know sometimes Sherman's poops are differnet colors, depending on what she
has been eaten. Like if she eats hornworms she will have green poo.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
I hadnt thought about that actually.
She has been fed chicken+squash baby food which is orange, could that have morphed into this pinky colour?

thanks so much for getting back to me

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
That poop dosnt look good at all. all of that liquid around it is not normal. hopefully someone that knows more will come along!!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
No she hasnt pooped since, but she's been in a better mood than shes been in 3 weeks. Running all over and looking good.

About the moisture:
I took that picture seconds after she had pooped. It did seem odd, but that picture is with me zoomed right in - the pink poop was about 1-2cms long.

Chezza

Hello,

Just caught your topic title and it rang bells with me!!

I had this problem with Ja Ja for a couple of days a little while ago. Like you, was worried!

I took him to the vets. I was told that it was because he had been eating moe red coloured food! He loves red bell pepers and red gapes etc! Will ignore everything else for them.

Not sure whether this rings any bells with you but try to think what he's eaten over the last couple of days.

Also, something i've just noticed. From the picture it looks like it's just urate. Not sure whether thats a problem or not.

Hope this helps a little!

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
have you fed her any fruit or BD pellets? i know after mine eat wet BD food or fruit their poo comes out like that.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
She did have some peach when she came home. I'll keep an eye on her to see what her next poop looks like.

Thanks to everyone who replied

x

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
UPDATE:

Im concerned again.
Since the pink poop she hasnt passed anything until just now she pooped but nothing but clear liquid came out and quite alot of it.
Ive never seen her 'pee' like this before and Im sure its not good as its suposed to be hard white urate?
Could this be due to her lack of food?

Oddly enough she is still the life and soul. Much more so than she has been in the last 3 weeks.
She is climbing, exploring and watching me from her viv nonstop.
She is also a much lighter shade today, like she could be about to shed, but all over.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
All of that liquid is not normal. Usually their "pee" solidifies to a white sack looking thing. I think that someone else had this problem before. im going to look for their post and see if anyone responded. I dont think that their poop would turn that light of a color even if they ate something red. Their poop should be a dark color. Ill see what I can find!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Original Poster
She usually sticks her nose in straight away and drinks for about 40 seconds.

Since she has been refusing veggies she is dehydrated, showing two divets on her head where her water stores were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom