Elvis just vomited all of his dinner up :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
So Elvis ate his dinner, no faster than he normally does. I was watching tv and then I looked over and saw all the worms that he just ate on his cage carpet in what looked like a mixture of vomit and poo. I noticed yesterday when I picked him up that his stomach was kind of jiggly when it normally doesn't feel like that. So I took him out of his tank and now he's sleeping on my shoulder. He has been acting fine and I haven't changed any of the temps in his cage so I know they are okay. I've already gone over my set-up on here and with the vet so it should be fine. He isn't acting sick and this was very unexpected. Does anyone have any suggestions or may know what caused this? Should I be worried? or wait to see if it happens again?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

What kind of worms did you feed? How many of them did he have?
How large is your dragon?
What are your temps in the tank, & what do you measure the temps with?
How is Elvis doing today?

Tracie

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I give Elvis Phoenix Worms, he gets the medium ones that are about 1/2 inch and he normally eats 25 twice a day. The temps in the cage on the cool side are around 80 degrees during the day, and around 70-75 degrees at night. The basking spot is around 105-110. I fed Elvis only 10 worms today, I tried to watch him for about 15 minutes and he was at his basking spot but then I had to leave to go to work. I'm going to have someone check on him for me to let me know if he was able to keep the worms down.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Was Elvis able to keep his worms down today? Your temps sounds fine too. You use a digital probe to measure or a temp gun?
How do his stools look?
I hope he is doing good today!

Tracie

need2nogurl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks for asking :) Elvis was able to keep his worms down today, I only gave him half the amount he normally eats because I was afraid if he did vomit again that he might choke if he had eaten too many. But he did well, and he isn't really acting sick. I use a digital thermometer gun. His stools are fine, he had coccidia when I first got him but everything looks fine now (that was about two months ago). So I'm gonna try to just watch him as closely as I can for the next couple days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom