Strange feces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aurucis

My baby kachu finally went potty after having him at home for 3 days, but it doesn't look too good.. Its very runny and looks like diarrhea. Is this normal or what? Maybe he has some bad parasites? I have a picture.. please tell me what you think.
I guess I should put this in here as well, at the end of his tail he has a little crook in it, and about 3/4 of his tail seem kinda dark. Not overly dark just not as bright as the rest of him.. Is this normal? I'll try and get a picture of it up in a little. Thanks for the help!

Kachu-Baby011.jpg

And the little man himself
Kachu-Baby.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, the stool doesn't really look all that bad, hon. You have only had him for a few days, & he is most likely a little bit stressed & yes, his parasite level could be up a little bit. Was the stool really smelly? Were the urates (white portion) hard or soft?
I would give him a little bit of time to settle in before getting a fecal done on him, to see if it comes down on its own.
The petstore may not have been providing adequate UVB lighting or calcium, & that could cause a crook in his tail. Or, some dragons have small little deviations or crooks on their tails that are absolutely normal. :D
So nothing to get too worried about quite yet. Are you providing good quality UVB lighting & calcium supplementation now?

Tracie

aurucis

Original Poster
Well that makes me feel alot better. The urate was solid. It also smelled pretty bad. But i just went to check up on him and all his color was coming back etc, maybe he is just stressed out. Atm I dont have any UVB because hes in a temporary enclosure. The permanent one will be here on thursday, and as soon as it is I will have a reptisun 10.0 installed in it. But I have been dusting his crickets with repcal supps. He is eating very well, this morning he demolished 12 crickets.. but thanks for the reassurance I'll keep an eye on everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom