My Dragon is Having Fits!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyDante

Can someone please help? Lately my dragon has been having 'fits' where he kicks up the sand and scrapes his claws over and over again as though he's digging or trying to get out. I take him out and hold him and he even seems out of breath because he's doing it so much. He also stubs his nose against the glass and wood as if he's trying to get out. This usually happen when he needed the toilet and then he would stop, but now he seems to do it even when he's been!! The temperature is exactly the same but I don't understand if he's bored because there is so much in his vivarium. Someone please help?

LQDragons

Juvie Member
please tell us about your dragon,
how old is he?
are you sure he is a he?

have you made any changes to his enclosure, or the area around it, that he can see?

LadyDante

Original Poster
I bought him as a baby and he's 18 months old. Yes I'm sure he's a he. His genital area/opening is much too large to be a female and his bearded is just as large, as far as I know anyway.

I have not made any recent changes to his enclosure, quite the contrary - for the past 4 months or so he's had a large rock/stepping stones in there which he seems quite comfortable with and sleeps on top of - there is also greenery in there and a bark/tree area as well as food and water bowl. As I said he used to run up and down before excreting but now he does it straight afterwards and I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it's always when I've cleaned his front window/glass pane. I note this because I always get annoyed that he makes it dirty straight afterwards, heehee! But I don't know if that would do anything, I only use plain water no soap.

Thank you for your response, any advice would be appreciated.

LQDragons":f3be8 said:
please tell us about your dragon,
how old is he?
are you sure he is a he?

have you made any changes to his enclosure, or the area around it, that he can see?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Just to make sure, could you post a picture of your dragon's little hiney for us? Try to gently lift the tail upwards so we can see if there are any bulges or lack thereof.
What type of UVB light are you using, a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil? What type of basking light are you using?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom