help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonoandno

hello, i inherited a female 2 yr.old flame dragon from my daughter (she has 2 others and this one was the bully) i have had her for a little over a year now' and she has always had a voracious appetite. she suddenly stopped eating in the middle of september and became very lethargic. after freaking out i went on the internet and found out about brumation and relaxed,she always been very healthy. then this evening when i gave gertie her bath, i noticed her left eye was sunken and slightly milky looking. also, when i took her out of her cage she seemed to have a spasm, all four legs jerking around. it didnt last long, but im worrird. she did lap up some bath water, but just closes her eyes when i try to temp her with her favorites, super worms and bok choy.no herp docs here in the boonies... help!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
First I suggest you take her to a vet, get a fecal done. She may have a parasite issue. Has she lost a lot of weight? If her eyes are getting sunken in, there could be something wrong. Unfortunately, when something is wrong with beardies you often don't know until it's to late.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
HI
I am sorry your beardie isnt feeling well.Can I ask what type of uvb you are using and how old it is? Also how close can she get to it? What are your temps and how are you taking them? Are you giving calcium and multivitamins? How often? You said her eye is milky? Is the eye itself milky or is it covered with mucous? Is she having issues breathing? Gaping? Do you see any mucous in her mouth? Sorry about all the questions just trying to narrow down the possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom