HELP!! New Baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbin251

I have just recently purchased a new baby dragon from petco about 14 hours ago. He is now in my 20 Gallon enclosure. I have a 75 watt basking light and a Zoomed Reptisun 10.0 florescent light. Since arrival in his new home, he has only moved once, which was a couple inches to the right. He does not seem too responsive to my hand, is it possible he could be blind??? His body is completely still and about every half hour or so he may move his head slightly. Right now I have about 5 crickets in there with him dusted with Reptocal vitamin D3 and calcium supplement, but he doesn't even notice they are there. The crickets have walked over him a couple times and he still does not move. It looks like he spends a lot of time with his eyes closed. I am wondering if this is normal behavior for a dragon in a new home, or if there is something I should be doing differently.

H31d1

sorry to hear your having problems with your Bearded Dragon.

He could have relocation stress because hes in a new environment.
if you could answer a couple of questions then somone might be able to help you.
What are the temps of his basking area and the cool side of his tank? also what are you using to measure it?
what substrate are you using? i.e sand, tiles etc.

Has he drank anything since you have had him? maybe giving him a bath using warm water could help. make sure the water only reaches under the arm pit and make sure you watch him whilst bathing him.

hopefully someone else will be able to help you more. good luck!

corbin251

Original Poster
H31d1":0fb18 said:
sorry to hear your having problems with your Bearded Dragon.

He could have relocation stress because hes in a new environment.
if you could answer a couple of questions then somone might be able to help you.
What are the temps of his basking area and the cool side of his tank? also what are you using to measure it?
what substrate are you using? i.e sand, tiles etc.

Has he drank anything since you have had him? maybe giving him a bath using warm water could help. make sure the water only reaches under the arm pit and make sure you watch him whilst bathing him.

hopefully someone else will be able to help you more. good luck!

i am going out today to try to find a temp gun so i have not measured the temp yet. I am looking for a pro exotics temp gun so if you or anyone else knows the best place to get one that would b useful. I am using paper towels for my substrate since it is very young. I have no water tray in the enclosure because i heard some negative things about that so I purchased a spray bottle and have sprayed him a couple times.

RioReptiles

Sub-Adult Member
Lowes carries a nice little temp gun in the section with the electrical tools if you don't want to wait for shipping. It's priced about the same or a little less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom