Beardie Very Lethargic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachmedic

Immediately following a bath earlier my 3 year old male beardie began acting strangely. He was limp when I put him back in his tank and he didn't look as if he was breathing. Upon stimulation he would take a deep breath and open his eyes for a quick look around, then go unconscious again after a few seconds. When I was able to rouse This was a few hours ago and he now has muscle tone back and is visibly breathing (although it seems a slightly more rapid than usual and he occasionally seems to wretch). He is still however sleeping constantly, hasn't moved too much and is not easily rousable. His color seems alright, but his eyes are sunken. He did drink some bath water but he has done this before with no side effects.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Beachmedic":e723c said:
Immediately following a bath earlier my 3 year old male beardie began acting strangely. He was limp when I put him back in his tank and he didn't look as if he was breathing. Upon stimulation he would take a deep breath and open his eyes for a quick look around, then go unconscious again after a few seconds. When I was able to rouse This was a few hours ago and he now has muscle tone back and is visibly breathing (although it seems a slightly more rapid than usual and he occasionally seems to wretch). He is still however sleeping constantly, hasn't moved too much and is not easily rousable. His color seems alright, but his eyes are sunken. He did drink some bath water but he has done this before with no side effects.
Hi
I am sorry your beardie isnt feeling well.You said he drank the water.Is it possible he inhaled some in his lungs as well?Is there any mucous around his eyes and mouth?So he was perfectly fine until the bath?No other issues at all?Sorry about all the questions just trying to narrow things down.

Beachmedic

Original Poster
Thank you for replying Vickson. Unfortunately I just returned home and found my beardie has died. I guess I didn't realize how sick he was and I feel terrible. I should have tried to do more. If I decide to get another beardie you will definitely see me on here again. I've read some posts and there seems to be a lot of friendly people on here with some good advice. Thank you again.

Im really sorry bout your beadie, dont feel bad how was you to know he was that ill. At least you gave him the best 3 yrs. Hope to hear u on here again

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello
I am very sorry to hear about your beardie.Please try not to beat yourself up too much.Beardies are very good at hiding illnesses and sometimes te symptoms dont show until the illness is too far progressed.I do hope to see you around again and if and when you decide to get another beardie I would be happy to help you with anything you need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom