Fell from living room couch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 4 months old beardie (Sammy) was on my chest while I was watching tv on the couch and suddenly she ran and jumped from the top of the couch in to my wooden floor. I am paranoid even though she looks normal. Beleive me in a second I put her on her tank and I'm like watching her every second to see if I notice somthing wrong. Sould I be so concearn about it ? she is like 11"long and she walks with no problem and there is no black beard. If there is something wrong does it shows soon or it could take time ? Please help with your experienses and knolege!!!!!!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I dont really know to tell you what to look for, but keep a close eye, and if anything looks odd, you should probabaly go to the vet right away.

Beardys Rock

Hatchling Member
Just keep an eye on your Bearded Dragon, they have a tendancy to be adventerous and jump off things.. it should be fine unless something drastic changes happens in its appetite or something then be worried.

h0ndap0w3r

Sub-Adult Member
yeah beardies tend to do crazy stuff like that. my lil grl wanted to jump all over the place and i felt bad cus one time i kinda caught her by the tail. . . but yeah they will do what they wanna do. . . crazy lil creatures, but my reasoning is in the wild they would do things similar to this so im thinking they should be pretty resilient and strong. unless its like falling from some ridiculous height.

sammyjackson

Original Poster
Thaks to everybody , She is sleeping now but I will keep an eye on her tomorrow. I hope she is allright and I hope this was a failure kamikazi jump!!!! Best regards to every body and thank God for this forum page.

sammyjackson

Original Poster
For sure I will buy a leash for her tomorrow ASAP!!!! in case she tries to fly again. My wife is making fun of me because she says I worry to much. She is singing "I believe I can fly" " I believe I can touch the sky". Probably she is trying to cheer me up , But IS NOT WORKING!!! I think she is jealouse.

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
Yeah, Primo just jumped off my thigh ( while sitting down ) and landed belly first on the floor and seemed perfectly fine. He's still the same as he always was, I'm not worried.

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
They are little dare devils!!! I learnt the hard way, now I put both my beardies in their harness before exploring!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Redrock (rip) was never that daring. However, she did fall from my shoulder area (I'm about 5'3") and never hurt herself, until the last time. That was on Labor day. I'm sad to say she died on September the 10th. Why she fell I don't know, but the fall killed her so you have a right to be paranoid. It may not be a problem because most aren't. But we are more careful with the two we have now.

Poisoned1

Gray-bearded Member
My beardie jumps off the couch so many times and when I go running to catch him he becomes a pancake very funny but trust me you will be fine.

EmJay

thank you for the post!! 5 min ago my 3 month old Bella jumped 4 ft. it's not the first time she's launched herself, but she flipped over after this time and then flipped back. scared me! so I immediately got on here to see of she'd be ok. thank you so much, she's acting normal right now so hopefully all that happened is she'll learn not to do that again for awhile! seriously, Thank you! I'll be watching her

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Watch her for bruising, changes in behaviour, appetite, and movement, or anything sticking out (like a broken bone). Most of the time they are OK after one of these crazy jumps, but not always. It's better to keep a close eye on her for a couple of days and make sure she's all right. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom