Lost claws

Status
Not open for further replies.

MALIBUSMOM

Gray-bearded Member
Hi Meagan-
Plaistow Kingston Animal Medical Center is where i bring Malibu,they run about $45.00 a visit.642-9700.Its astraight shot up 125 on the right.
maybe you want to order her dif light .i have 2- 12" inch hoods her for flouresent UVB i don't know what size your viv is.www.petsmart or
http://www.Big Apple Herps have repti sun it is WAY cheaper on line do n ot get one from the pet store as it will run you $.
i have an extra clamp lamp if you need it also.
If your switching to shelf liner its 99 cents at the doller store.
Give Travis a call he'll get these to you if you need them.

InannaGod

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, at least I can get a better UVB light now! It would be a lot worse if I never figured that out.

I've been giving her calcium 2 to 3 times weekly.

I've been keeping her foot clean, but I just got an antiseptic today. I couldn't find any betadine, but I found an antiseptic called Hibiclens. Do you know if that is safe for beardies? I would dilute it and rinse it off very thoroughly.
Inanna seems better today, she hasn't bitten her foot again, and doesn't mind me touching it as much anymore. Her appetite is still huge, and she isn't in any distress as far as I can tell. She hasn't even black-bearded.

Thank you SO much for your help! And thanks about the name, Inanna is the name of a Sumerian goddess.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh that is fine, the Hibiclens is a good antiseptic no problem. How are the areas looking right now?
Maybe increase her calcium to 4 times per week right now to get her levels up.
How is Inanna doing today? She has not been biting her foot today? That is great. I hope that she heals up real soon.
That is neat, a Sumerian Goddess, that she is! :D

Tracie

InannaGod

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm so sorry I haven't been on recently! My internet is acting oddly and keeps going offline.

Thank you, I thought Hibiclens would be all right, but I just wanted to check, just in case.

I am very pleased on how Inanna's foot has been coming along. The tips of her toes are no longer raw, and they seem to be healing a little bit. I think the pain has gone down too. She hasn't even attempted to bite either of her feet again, which is excellent, because she had been biting very seriously. When I had put my hand in the way when she was still biting, she had clamped down on it anyway and broke my skin.

More calcium is a good idea. I have been giving extra lately. Inanna has been eating normally (like a pig), and hasn't been lethargic at all. She's been taking naps in her tank (which she likes because there's a clean towel in there instead of sand), but whenever she's out, she's alert and still enjoys exercise.

I am pretty optimistic about her health, and am so grateful she is all right. I don't know what I would do without beardeddragon.org!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

GREAT news to hear that she is doing pretty well & her foot is healing up right now. You are welcome, the Hibiclens is fine. It is a really good product.
So she has not tried to bite her foot again then? Maybe the extra calcium has helped out then, I hope so. Is your finger ok? :D I guess that puts to rest the myth that they do not have teeth! :laughhard: Sorry she bit down on you though.
It sounds like Inanna is eating well too & has not slown down. I am just glad that it doesn't seem to be getting infected.
I hope you get your internet sorted out. I understand how frustrating it is, having internet trouble.

Tracie

InannaGod

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
:D it was actually pretty funny when she bit me! but only in retrospect though, seeing as I was freaking out at that point... I am so glad she is feeling better. I've only had her for about 7 months (actually 216 days :mrgreen: lol), but she is already so important to me. I don't know how I'd survive without my lizard!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

Well, she did not bite you on purpose though! :D It is amazing how attached we can get to them in such a short amount of time. I am glad you are enjoying Inanna so much. That is great.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom