sick dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayc

Original Poster
Great thanks for the help. Ya i have the exoterra 125 solar glo. Good to know that theres enough uvb in that for him. I just ordered the acidophiliz for him ..so im hoping that helps him. I'll keep u updated on his health, and i'll get back to ya if i have anymore questions. Thanks again!

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
hey no problem! I am glad to hear that you had that bulb and you dont have to buy a whole new set up. Just make sure you change that one out every 6 months. Again check out Reptilesupply.com you can get two of thoes bulbs at i think $32.00 each I think they are $38 if you buy them seperate. Good Im glade you found the acidophiliz once he starts eating his salads and such you can also sprinkle a bit of it on his salads. It will help keep the parasites away and impove overlall health. I take Probiotics myself all the time, it help me from getting colds and tummy problems, so I figure its good for Judah too.

So has you guy seemed any better in the last few days, or is he still no wanting to eat? Have you tried the babyfood. Judah loves the BB carrots. He use to grab ahold of the syring and shake it when he was little. Now hes "too grown up for that" he just lickes it off his nose now. I really like the babyfood because it is really cheep and I can buy him a pretty healthy variety of stuff. I try to get pretty much all organic stuff but the organic babyfood doesnt have a whoel lotta option. anywho its like 75 cents for a jar that can last about 5 days in the fridge. I figure if he dosent eat it oh well we tried. Then I didnt spend $2 on greens he will not eat or spoil because it is so much. Dont get me wrong fresh is really the best way to go, but supplimenting with baby food to add diversity is good! OH! I tried frozen veggies, (thawed) he refussed to eat them. :roll: picky guy its all that fresh organic spoiling :whip:

Ye please keep us up to date! We love to hear babies are doing good!
Stacey

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is good you do have the Solar Glo & NOT the Sun Glo for the UVB light. It is a mercury vapor bulb. That one, you wont need to change but every 8 months or so. It should have decent emissions much longer than a regular flourescent tube bulb.
How are things going today?
The acidophiliz will really help him out & he should like the taste of it, also.

Tracie

oops47

Has anyone used or have any input on ground walnut shells? A product put out by Zilla /Lizard Litter-Desert Blend. Would appreciate any feedback

Judah'sHuman

Juvie Member
oops47~

Walnut shells will cause impasction and should not be used with beardies. The only substrates you should be using are Washed Play sand (if your beardie is over 6 months NO OTHER types of sand), Tiles, Papertowels or Reptial carpet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom