a lump on his back...

Status
Not open for further replies.

babiiboo

hi my name is melanie and i have a bearded dragon named tiny and for some reason he has a lump on his back i dont think its pain to him but i just wanted to no if it could interfear with anything?

HerpHero

it could be MBD or "metabolic Bone disease" can you please list the run down(lighting UVB?) on his cage setup? and and are you supplying a calcium supplement with d3? that will help everyone further answer your question. hopefully it is just a malformation.
-HerpHero

HerpHero

check his jawline it there any curves or in his legs usually around the shoulder there would be a slight bend or bumb? and hows his eating/activity? does he seem to be lethargic?

babiiboo

Original Poster
HerpHero":87b66 said:
check his jawline it there any curves or in his legs usually around the shoulder there would be a slight bend or bumb? and hows his eating/activity? does he seem to be lethargic?
alright i have him
im looking at his jawline and there is an indent right under his lip at the back
on his hind legs theres nothing
front legs his one hand fiungers are longer then the other
nothing wrong with his shouldera
his eating well i have two bearded dragons in the tank female and a male the male is tiny hes the one with the bump and his eating is bad some days hi'll just watch them go by and he isnt hunting
his activiy is he only gets up to get comphy or move to get some heat or to mate with the female and i have no idea what lethargic means
im only 13...

HerpHero

lethargic means inactive just no spark in him at all. if he keeps acting like that i would take him to a vet because MBD if caught early enough can be reversed.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are your parents helping you out with your dragon?
You have 2 dragons in the tank, a male & a female? Eventually, you will need to separate them hon, or you will be allowing them to breed prematurely which will be dangerous for the female & then if they are related that is inbreeding.
If you are housing a larger one with a smaller dragon the female is most likely picking on the male. Has he been injured?
Can you post a picture for us that would help out.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using? Is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? How close is it to him, & what type of basking light are you using?
Do you supplement with calcium?

Tracie

babiiboo

Original Poster
Drache613":33b33 said:
Hello,

Are your parents helping you out with your dragon?
You have 2 dragons in the tank, a male & a female? Eventually, you will need to separate them hon, or you will be allowing them to breed prematurely which will be dangerous for the female & then if they are related that is inbreeding.
If you are housing a larger one with a smaller dragon the female is most likely picking on the male. Has he been injured?
Can you post a picture for us that would help out.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using? Is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? How close is it to him, & what type of basking light are you using?
Do you supplement with calcium?

Tracie

well i take her out at times shes only in there for a day and back alone for as long i want could be monthes...
how do i post a picture
it is flourescent tube bulb
it isnt close to him
im pretty sure it is a 75 wate
and calcium yes i do give them calcium but not everyday starting yesterday...

HerpHero

they should be within 10in from the uvb to propery absorb the rays, so i suggest a rigged climbing stick (not from outside unless baked or treated in diluted bleach to kill any bugs) that could be your problem right there.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I do need to know the exact brand of UVB you are using, please due to the fact there are alot of bad bulbs out there that are ineffective for reptiles. How old is the UVB light?
What are the temps in the tank? How do you measure them, with a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
How is he doing today? What do you mean, he is alone for months? He needs daily interaction as well as foods, daily.
I believe that the lump on the back is due to Metabolic Bone Disease. You will need to be giving calcium 5 times per week right now. The liquid calcium from http://www.beautifuldragons.com is the best you can get. Or you can continue with the powdered calcium right now but 5 times per week.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom