BAD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i posted a topic that my bearded dragon couldn't move his back legs like last week...hes about four months and i came in from the beach today and his back left leg was stuck to his tail with blood... i took tweezers and pulled the dry blood off and wiped off the fresh blood cause he was still bleeding and his middle toe came off it started about a week ago where his one long toe was like eating itself away it was weird... i think he broke his back. he cant move from his waist down. but he is VERy active he even drags himself around to chase crickets.
what do i do?

MissT

BD.org Addict
Sorry to hear about your little guy!
I would take him to the vet - this does not sound good at all! I have read of a number of bearded dragons who have had injury to their spine which, after much treatment, have went on to lead happy lives but you need to get a proper diagnosis and some good treatment for him!

T

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You should take him to a vet asap so he can be assessed. It's possible that he did injure his back but only a vet can tell you that for sure. He also needs to have his toe looked at to see if it is necrotic or infected. You need to act quickly.

Last wk we discussed some changes that should be made in his tank. Were you able to do that? Are you monitoring his temps now? What UVB light are you using? If you're still using the sand, I suggest you remove that and even replace with paper towels right now as he doesn't need to get any sand on his sore toe. It's possible that he could be dragging himself around due to an impaction so a vet should be seen for that too as there are too many issues that need to be addressed. Please keep us posted on him.

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Sounds very scary.
I hope you got him to a vet ASAP.

Do let us know if he's ok.

Holly x

johnnysocko

Original Poster
i have called ALL the vets in my town LITEERALLY and by the time my mom can get off work go to my house get the beard and get to the vet it will be too late so nothing today...when i got home this morning the little guy had a hole in his leg and was bleeding real bad but i put a cricket in to see if he was like dizzy or what not and he chased down the crickets and ate it right away...so i dint think he can feel from his chest area down...i think he is paralyzed because it doesnt seem to be phasing him.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Perhaps you and your mom can make arrangements for someone else to take him to the vet. Since he is still bleeding & is possibly paralyzed, he needs to be seen as soon as possible. The blood loss alone can kill him you know. How did you stop the bleeding?

Were you able to make the changes that I put in my above post? And can you fill us in on the UVB light you're using? Your little guy depends on you for proper care including a vet appt. :(

johnnysocko

Original Poster
i wrapped his leg in tissue and i held it as tight as i thought was necessary.
and hes under a zilla desert 50 watt bulb

johnnysocko

Original Poster
no i thought of bedadaine but i used that in my horse and it made himact funny so i wasnt sure...and i have the first one.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Giving a bath in betadine is a good idea for sore areas. The color of the bath water should look like weak tea but you have to make sure that he doesn't drink any. How does his leg look today & how is he acting? You still need to get him to a vet, his problems are not going to get better on their own. When you have animals, you need to get them the medical attention they need.

So, you're using a compact light, those are very dangerous & can cause all sorts of problems. You can read about them here: [ Invalid URL Removed / p= t=65424 f=1 ]

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
What?? Find a way to get him to a vet now!! When you love a pet, money and distance is not an issue. Good luck in his recovery.

Pleaides

Juvie Member
all of this really doesnt sound too good at all.
i have 6 reptiles and 3 are under ongoing treatment by the vet and im outta work and in debt, lol, but there aint nothing i wouldnt do for my babies.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom