i need help fast

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok me and my brother came back from a halloween party and my brother went to his room we found his bearded dragon on its side. I don't know what is going on? Please Help?

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
i think that dragon needs vetrinary assitance.

does it look like he fell? what are his temps? any stuff around his nose or mouth?

icequeen7734

Original Poster
today my brother started to put the heat on his room and i think he got over. i took him in my room to cool him down and he is back to his normal self but he is not using his back feet when he walks. i don't know if he is being lazy or he pulled a muscle so i am going to wait tomorrow if his feet are back to normal that is all that i can do now. if he is not better i will take him to the vets.

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
does he have a bump or a bulge at the base of his spine(on his back by his rear legs)?

what kind of bedding is he on? is there any visible abnormalities about him? when he walks with his front feet, does he use them funny(like walking on his wrists)?

icequeen7734

Original Poster
I don't see any bumbs on his spine he doesn't look like he's in pain he is acting like his normal self. he does flick and move his legs once in awhile. Here are some pics of his spine if you wanted to see. sorry if they are kind of blurry.

icequeen7734

Original Poster
he dosen't look like he has a spinal injury or in pain. he walks around the cage with no probles, still climbs his rock and still has the same attitude look in him. i wonder if this happen, i keep on forgetting to put the calcium powder on his food for the past two months :( and i think we don't have the right light for him :( . do you think thats why his back legs are not moving because he doesn't have enough calcium in him?

jscott

Gray-bearded Member
yes, you should start dusting your insects with Rep-Cal brand calcium. make sure its "without phosphorous".

if you have a MVB then get the green label one marked "without D3".

if you use a fluorescent bulb then get the pink label one "with D3".

use that every day on feeder insects. only phoenix worms have more calcium than phosphorus(1.5 : 1)... all other insects are really low in calcium compared to phosphorus(something like 1 : 25).

phosphorus is bad because it blocks calcium from being absorbed. if your dragon eats phosphorus rich foods it doesnt matter if they have calcium too... all the calcium will pass through them without being absorbed. same goes for foods very high in Vit. A and Oxilates.

as for lighting, what kind do you have right now?

is it a coil, compact fluorescent, tube fluorescent, regular light bulb or MVB?

what is the brand name on the bulb. how many bulbs do you have on during the day time?

how close can he get to the bulb? can he climb up to it on a branch, if so how close can he get to the heat/UV.

what are your temps and how are you measuring them? if you have a stick on round thermometer the reading isnt accurate enough. the digital probe thermometers work much better for fine tuning temps.

temps should be 100-110 on the hot side of the tank and around 80 on the other side. if you cant get the cool side cool that means the tank is too small for the light your using.

i hope this helps alittle. i just got off work so my brain is kinda shutting down, sorry if this was confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom