Pedro will not eat! its been a week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedrothelizard

My beardie who is about a year and three or four months old, has stopped eating completely. For the last week she has not ate a single thing, except for water (i drip it on her head and it runs down to her lips and she drinks alot this way). She went 4 days without eating before this 7 day stretch. When i take her out she doesnt seem sick or anything, is still fairly active, looks healthy weight wise too. Is this just brumation or could it be something more serious, cuz 3 worms in 2 weeks seems a little iffy to me.

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
When in doubt, since you haven't experience brumation before, I always tell people to take their beardie for a checkup at the vet. A lot of beardie illnesses can present with brumation symptoms.

However, she is an adult now and could be trying to brumate.

If you see any other symptoms, I would definitely get her in to a vet to be on the safe side.

pedrothelizard

Original Poster
Update: Well pedro ate 1 whole worm, and then bit another one in half but did not want to finish the other half. She also is choosing to stay on the cooler side of the tank most of the time, the side with slate tiles, but she still likes to go dig in the sand quite abit. So i am kind of leaning towards brumation. The problem with going to see a vet is there isnt a herp vet in my town, and ive heard going to see a normal vet can be very dangerous because they really dont know what there doing. So hopefully she will pull through ahha, i couldnt stand to see her go!

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
She is at the right age for brumation. Before brumation season started for dragons, was Pedro healthy and active? If so, I wouldn't worry much.

pedrothelizard

Original Poster
Yea she seemed normal, but then i moved into my new home and then it started. I wouldnt think it would be relocation stress because the enclosure is still the same but then again you never know, thanks for your input so far.

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
pedrothelizard":0ac6e said:
Yea she seemed normal, but then i moved into my new home and then it started. I wouldnt think it would be relocation stress because the enclosure is still the same but then again you never know, thanks for your input so far.

Even with the same cage, they can still experience relocation stress because they are in a different home environment. That should only last for up to two weeks, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom