beardie cut her foot

Status
Not open for further replies.
my beardie cut his foot on a metal screen. any ideas on how to stop the bleeding? the blood is not gushing out just oozing out slowly.

Sekhautet

BD.org Sicko
I would just make sure to bathe the wound in betadine and dab some neosporin on it. You can apply a little pressure and some corn starch to stop the bleeding. That works on cats when you cut their veins in their claws as well and is recommended by my vet. I would also make sure your beardie has a clean cage floor where they can't get any debris in the cut while it is healing.

And if you have those screen doors, I would remove them. One of our oldest, Mike, had snout rub as a rescued juvie from his doors and our vets don't recommend screen doors with beardies because they can get injured easily.

I realize these answers might be a little late to help with everything, but I hope some of it helps and you know for future reference now what to do. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom