Stress related to giving medications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Hi,

Was just wondering if anyone had ever experienced any stress related symptoms after giving medicine.

I gave my 4 1/2 month old beardie 0.2ml of pancur and 1.0ml of lactulose - he's got pinworms.

Immediately after giving him his medication on the second day he basically temporarily died in my hands. He went limp and lifeless and stopped breathing, i manged to revive him and then he was sick so i took him back to the vet - he's still the same, completely lifeless, heavy breathing, flat eyes really sunken into his head.

They have no idea what's wrong other than that he could be in some form of stress shock due to the stress of being given the medicine.

Anyone have any ideas.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Nikki, Kim and Stanley.

nikkicostello89

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you. They said his nervous system had crashed, so he wouldn't have felt any pain. And he's at peace now.

Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom