toe fallen off!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock2001

K so i went to go feed darwin supper tonight and as i lifted him out of his cage and he walked into my palm i noticed he had a bit of a limp. After closer inspection i realized his toe has literally fallen off, aside from hanging by maybe a little muscle tissue or skin. The toe peronally looks normal aside from is falling off i immediatly put him back in his cage. Any ideas on what it could be/treatments?

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Ouch! Poor thing!
Make sure to keep it clean, and you can put some neosporin on it.
One thing that you are not supposed to use is peroxide, it eats away the good skin. You can soak in water with some betadine in the water. From what I have read, the betadine solution should look like weak tea.

brock2001

Original Poster
where can i get these things? Neosporin is prescription where i live, would polysporin do the same thing? Anndd it has totally come off now.

brock2001

Original Poster
what about Flamazine topical cream could i put a dab of that on there. He got prescribed that when he had an infection on his knee.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Hi. I am sorry, I didnt see that you had posted in here again till just now.
Hmm, dont know about the drug you mentioned, and if neosporin is a prescription, I dont know what else you could get. Any type of polysporin antibiotic type ointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom