Help! Baby seems sick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy

Hey all.. Today i got home, and my 1 month old was sittin under a rock.. I gestured him out and when he runs and suddenly stops, he shakes, like he is weak.. So i decided to give him a bath.. As soon as i picked him up, he went all limp. Then when i put him in the water, he almost drowned.. Then suddenly woke up and ran madly around in circles, falling to the side.. So i put him on his rock and he just sat there.. Then i put some water on his nose and he lapped it up.. He drank quite alot.. He hasnt eaten since yesterday. Could he have been badly dehydrated, or is there something else wrong.. He is sittin up now and looking around now.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If you could please answer the following questions it would be helpful for us, thanks. :D

What type & brand of UVB light do you use, is it a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light?
What type of basking light do you use, is it a bright white basking light or a colored light?
What do you use to measure the temperatures in your tank, a stick on type of thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun?
What are the temps?
What type of substrate are you using? Carpet, paper towels, tiles, sand, etc?
Do you supplement calcium, & if so, how often & what is the brand that you are using?
What foods are you feeding currently?
What do the stools look like, runny, smelly, firm? Are the urates hard or moist, white or off colored?
What size is your tank that you keep your baby in?
Are his eyes bright or sunken in?

Yes, it is possible that your baby was & still is dehydrated. So, bathing frequently & giving oral fluids or letting her drink is a good idea.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom