Has anyones beardie ever done this?... Vid inside...UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonzie001

Zoe hasnt been herself lately. It started about 6 days ago during bathtime she began to roll like and aligator in the water and it really scared me... Then when I put her back in her cage, she began to lift her head back as far as she could like she was gasping for air, but she didnt breath like she needed it.... So I took her to the vet to find out that she has (coccidia *sp*). She was then given a albon to take home, after 2 days it seems like shes getting worse... now she has totally loss her bearings and cannot seem to even catch a roach that is laying on its back... Help me.... im gong crazy trying to figure out what it can be.... I attached a video of the ordeal.... PLEASE HELP ME!
Junior
http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/00QckSlvrLight/?action=view&current=CIMG0122.flv

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
Ohhh that's sooo sad.. funny... but sooooo sad! I wish I had some guidance for you. Will she take it from your hand?

fonzie001

Original Poster
Zoe will not take it from my hand but as soon as I let it go she wont stop chassing it till she catches it.
Junior

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
do you mean rolled over like her head went underwater the opposite way. the only thing i could think of is an imbalance issue from water in the ear...

EclpsPrinc

Juvie Member
Wow... poor baby! Have you asked your vet? Is she off balance & wobbly all of the time or just when she trying to catch her feeders?

Kazul

The only thing me and my fiancee can think that it might be is have you had her checked for blindness? It looks like she might be having trouble with depth perception, which indicates she might be blind in one eye. Or it could very well be an inner ear trouble.

fonzie001

Original Poster
She isnt as wobblely when she runs around the tank but as soon as she tries to catch something her sence of direction goes out the window.... Im starting to freak out what should i do? I feel so bad for her...
Junior

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That doesn't look good at all, poor thing. I suggest you contact the vet first thing tomorrow morning & let him know what is going on. What did he say about her rolling around in the water like that? Has she been able to eat anything on her own at all? Are you giving her a probiotic since antibiotics are so hard on their systems? Another thing to keep in mind is that Albon is very drying so keeping her very well hydrated by frequent bathing and oral liquids is a must.

I still suggest calling your vet right away tomorrow.

fonzie001

Original Poster
Just wanted to thank everyone that is trying to help, I have been giving her the albon for about 3 days. Where can I purchase some "probiotic"? I wonder if LLL Reptile carry it? I will be giving the vet a call tommorrow while im at work and hopefully she can pint me in the right direction.... thanks
Junior

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You should be able to get the Benebac gel for reptiles/birds at a petstore and perhaps the Acidophilus too. I don't think LLLreptile has either of those. I knew beautifuldragons has the Acido though. You could even pick up some soy yogurt for now, that should help, make sure it has no dairy products in it. Please keep us updated.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How much Albon is she on, do you know the dosage? She sounds like she is probably extremely dehydrated.
As suggested, get the acidophiliz which will help decrease the negative affects that the meds have on them during medication rounds. Also, try to give extra baths during this time as well as oral fluids too.

Tracie

fonzie001

Original Poster
Hey Tracie,
The first day I was told to give her 0.08 cc's and then to give her 0.04 cc's for two weeks. The bottle of albon that was given to us also says (Albon 50mg/ml diluted 1:1 with water to make Albon 25mg/ml). As far as her being dehydrated ive been giving her 2-3 baths a day and if she doesnt drink during bath time I try to give her a couple of cc's of water. I have also been giving her bowls of veggies with lots of water on the bottom to keep her veggies moist and juicy for her. I will be ordering some acidophiliz from beautifull dragons tommorrow and I will also go buy some soy yogurt for her till i get the acidophiliz. Once again I want to give thanks to all the people that have been helping, Zoe and I appreciate it greatly.
Junior

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How much does your dragon weigh? That dosage sounds ok, though but I just wanted to check it for you.
How is she doing today, has he eaten anything today & is she active? Great you got some soy yogurt & are ordering some acidophiliz too. That will help her out alot, as well as all of the veggies too.
Good it sounds like Zoe is getting plenty of water too. Make sure when you bathe her, that you allow at least 1 hour before bedtime for her to fully dry off so she doesn't get chilled.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom