Dosage for Fenbendazole

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunnydu2

I have 25 g paste. I need the correct dosage for a 580 g adult beardie. I have a .1-1 ml dosing syringe. Should I mix it with water? If so how much do I mix. Any help would be greatly apprecaited
Thanks,
Deb

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Deb,

I can help you with that. No, you do not need to dilute it with water. The dosage ranges from 25-50mg/kg. Did you do a fecal on him or do you know what the counts are?

The conservative amount or dosage of 25mg/kg which will be: .001 (rounded up)
Since that is such a tiny amount, you can start with the higher dosage of 50mg/kg, since Panacur is not toxic.

If you want to dose to 50mg/kg then it will be: .002 (rounded up)

However, I recommend starting with the lower dosage. Do you know how to read the syringe properly to dose him? These are very small amounts so it will take the tiny .5ml syringes that have the smaller increments of measurements on them. You know, like the small insulin type of needles.
I am assuming you mean that the paste is 25 grams per ml, is that correct? If so, that means the paste is highly concentrated at 25,000mg/ml or cc of paste.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom