Please help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripmomma78

My guy is 5 years old...he eats both crickets and greens...has a swim every now and then. He has always been healthy, never had any issues until now.
Just today I noticed him swinging his head about, going round and round in circles, even hitting his head into stuff. When he walks he sort of walks crooked, and is spending a lot of time just laying down. Can anyone tell me what's wrong with him, or how to help him???

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Has he injured himself lately (fell off anything?)? What are his temps? His UV light? Hopefully someone on here will be able to help you :) Poor beardie.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Could you please answer the following questions for us, it would help out alot. Thanks.
What type & brand of UVB light are you using, a flourescent tube bulb or a compact or coil light? How old is the UVB light?
What type of basking light are you using, a bright white light or a colored light?
What are you measuring the temps with, a stick on thermometer, a digital probe or a temp gun? What ARE the temps? How large is your tank?
Do you supplement calcium, & if so, how often & what brand do you use?
What type of substrate are you using in the bottom of your tank?
How long has it been since he has gone to the bathroom?
Do you offer oral fluids at least several times per week?

At 5 years of age, if his UVB light is older than 5 or 6 months, then, it is time for a new UVB light. If you have not been supplementing calcium on a regular basis, then, if he doesn't have the proper UVB exposure, & is not getting enough calcium, then, even at his age, he could be beginning to experience hypocalcemia, & be going into early stages of metabolic bone disease.
Other than that, that type of behavior could also indicate viral or bacterial infection, or severe dehydration.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom