Fixture fell on beardie :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashlyn00

I feel absolutely HORRIBLE :( I was putting in my beardies salad dish, and just snuck it under the light fixture. Well all of a sudden the fixture fell, and my beardie was underneath. Im so scared something happened. I dont know if it hit her or not, but I threw the light on the ground and picked her up. She hissed at me for the first time ever :cry: So I dont know if she was hurt, or just scared. I held her for a long time, then put her back in her enclosure. She was walking around ok. She is now hiding in her cave. She is a year old. What do I do?? I'm so scared. I cant stop blaming myself. I know accidents happen, but if I just took off the fixture in the first place, this wouldnt of happened. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh that is too bad. I am sure that it scared her really badly & it was noisy, too. Poor girl.
Yes, accidents do happen.
Did you notice if there were any cuts or scrapes on her? She was walking around ok though? Has she eaten anything today afterwards?
Please let us know how she is doing. Will she let you hold her tonight to put her to bed maybe in a blankie?

Tracie

Ashlyn00

Original Poster
She was under a piece of papertowel in her enclosure, so I dont know exactly where it would of hit her (Im just really hoping it didnt get her at all) :cry: I didnt notice any marks or anything. I gently pressed my finger along her whole spine, and moved all four legs. She didn't fuss. Im gonna take her out again before bed and check again. :cry: She did eat her salad this morning.

Menolly

Juvie Member
Hey,
Since she is moving all fours, why give her a bath? When they swim I've noticed that they use pretty much all parts of their bodies. (Mine especially enjoys pushing himself off of the drain and flicking his tail to go faster. He looks COMPLETELY ridiculous when he does.) If there is something wrong maybe you'll see it in the way she moves in the water.
Let me know how she does. My baby also had an accident. My friend accidentally knocked a movie onto Rael's foot when she was trying to grab her cat so he didn't bug Rael. He had to get his toe removed. (not that this will happen to you I'm sure your baby is fine) I just wanted to let you know that accidents do happen, but beardies are fighters. So have faith.
Mel

Menolly

Juvie Member
I know you feel horrible, but I know I've said this before but accidents happen. At least for the most part you know that she is probably okay. Just be thankful for that. Something much worse could have happened, but it didn't. She doesn't seem to be in pain at all. Be glad for your mini beardie angel that was watching over yours :lol: .
Mel

binger

Hatchling Member
Hey... I COMPLETELY understand how you feel!!!

I've had more small accidents and close-calls than I can count. I'm sure if your baby is still moving around normally, she'll be just fine. Keep an eye on her for the next day or so, and as long as she's eating normally, you've got nothing to worry about.

I blame myself for every change in behaviour, every time I've banged their heads while getting them out of the terrarium... and they're always fine. I just moved mine into a new terrarium today, and I'll be worried for the next week that I've caused them too much stress!

wizbee

Juvie Member
So sorry that happened and I hope she is ok. Is there anyway to wire the fixture to the top? I drilled small holes on the edge of my dome fixture and wired it in place. ANd wrapped another piece around the uvb fixture so it can't move. Just an idea. Hope she's ok today.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Well, any news on your baby, is she going to be ok? Did she eat today?
Keep us posted on her. I hope all is well with her.

Tracie

Ashlyn00

Original Poster
She seems to be doing well. She ate some of her salad, and seems to be moving around ok. I picked her up and she doesn't seem hurt at all (moving all 4 limbs). Is there any way I can tell if she's injured??

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

If she was hurt, I am pretty sure that she would show signs by now. Since she is moving all of her limbs, then, chances are, she is perfectly fine.
I am happy to hear that she is doing well now. Just watch for limping, loss of appetite, lethargic behavior, etc.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom