my poor little baby :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
So lately, Nesta has been just laying around more, looking a little lethargic, but I attributed that to brumation. She hasn't eaten in about 4 days and she hasn't pooped in about 6. I have been giving her a nice warm bath every day, sometimes twice, and massaging her belly from armpits to vent. I have also been opening her mouth and feeding her applesauce, chicken, and squash baby food stage 1 mixed with repta aid and a small amount of calcium. The most I can get her to eat is about 2 syringes full... I'm worried, does anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: I have also read the brumation article and then entire section on food rotting in your bd's stomach, I'm not attempting to prevent her from brumating... but if she is, I'd like to get the food out somehow :)

Again, anything you throw out will be helpful :)

LJean

Extreme Poster
Sometimes letting them run around outside the viv wakes them up enough to go poo. It's the only way I can get Oscar to go when it's brumating time. He doesn't stay out long, though so it can take a few days. He likes to go right back to sleep.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How old is Nesta? Is this her first brumation phase?
Do you have a UVB light that is up to date too? I always check everything else prior to brumation just to make sure there are not any other problems looming before they go down for a few months.

Tracie

nesta's mommy

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Drache613":19c5f said:
Hello,

How old is Nesta? Is this her first brumation phase?
Do you have a UVB light that is up to date too? I always check everything else prior to brumation just to make sure there are not any other problems looming before they go down for a few months.

Tracie

Nesta is 8 months old... I'm guessing if she is brumating that yes, this is her first time.
I have a Megaray MVB, only had it for about 7 months, those are once a year as I was told...

Still no poop but we'll wait and see :( I feel terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom