black beard and sunken eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmonsterz

Hatchling Member
we think tater might be sick.
she hasn't eaten much for about a week.
we thought she might be brumating, but this morning she don't want to move very much, has a dark beard, and her eyes seem sunken. she hasn't seemed to lost any weight.

she is in a 40 gal. tank. we use reptile carpet. reptiglo 10.0 uvb which on her basking spot she is within about 8".
the temps,(taken with probe) are about 105-80.
we feed her crickets and greens, she gets a bath 3 or 4 times a week,
we use a calcium liquid,given by syringe once a week(recomended by our vet) he was the vet at our city zoo(retired).
she is about a little over a year old. this is our first brumation. we have 3 other beardies they are doing fine.
thanks for any help
terry
p.s. the uvb bulb is going to be replaced tommorrow.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
The reptiglo could be part of your problem. I noticed you plan on replacing it asap, that's good. It is suggested, however, that you get a vet checkup and a fecal done before letting them brumate. The symptoms of brumation are the same as the symptoms of illness. There is usually no way to tell the difference, except if they loose a lot of weight.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

When you replace the UVB light, I would replace it with the Reptisun 10 flourescent tube bulb, but not the Reptiglo 10, ok? The emissions are much better with the Reptisun than with the Reptiglo.
She needs calcium 3 times per week, not just once. How much are you giving?
Can you post a picture of her for us? Her eyes being sunken in does not sound good to me, so do not let her brumate until we figure this out.

Tracie

bmonsterz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i had to order the reptisun 10.0, and the calcium is given once a week mm per weight.
the vet opens in about 20 min. i'm going to try to get her in.
last night she started having symptoms like upper respiratory infection.
thanks all.

bmonsterz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks all,
but tater just passed away 45 min. before her vet appointment.
it just isn't fair.
she was healthy as a horse just 3 days ago.....

thanks again

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I'm sorry, I know how it feels as I've lost 4 in a 2 year period. I havn't lost the beardie bug yet. Beardies can hide their illnesses until it's too late. I've found that out, also.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh I am very sorry to hear of your loss! :cry: That is very devastating I know. Let us know if we can do anything at all for you.

Tracie

puffmum

bmonsterz":d49d2 said:
thanks all,
but tater just passed away 45 min. before her vet appointment.
it just isn't fair.
she was healthy as a horse just 3 days ago.....

thanks again
I'm so sorry for your loss! :cry:

bmonsterz

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks all, she was the prettiest beardie ever. thats because she was my baby girl......

we have an appointment for scooter, spooky, and blade on monday, just to be sure.(of what i don't know).
thanks again terry.
R.I.P
TATER

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh, she is a pretty girl. I am sure that you have lots of beautiful pictures of her, too. I hope you are going to be ok, I understand how devastating her loss is.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom