bleeding toe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brock2001

on darwins back right longest toe it was all swolen yesterday like fred flinstone, almost like he stubbed it and now it's bleeding. It's not like gushing looks more like a fresh scab. Any ideas what it could be?

wizbee

Juvie Member
Anything rough or jagged in his house? Is he alone? If it starts bleeding you can dip it in cornstarch to stop it.

brock2001

Original Poster
rough textured rock house and water bowl think and his tree, he does jump around a lot though so that might be it. i'm not too worried he is stressed so i'm not.

Menolly

Juvie Member
You might want to be worried. Beardies mask their pain and injury till it is too late most of the time. If his toe is gushing blood that really isn't good. Has it started pussing at all? Like a yellowish color?
Open wounds on bearded dragons can take up to a month to heal. Could you post a picture?
I would really suggest that you go to a vet, you don't want to get infected. If it does, then you will have some real problems trust me. You want to take care of the problem before you actually have one.

brock2001

Original Poster
no, it wasn't gushing blood nor pussing, but it's a pretty much all healed. He's fine, he's a tough bugger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom