My beardie has worm coming from his nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valcore

I was getting ready for bed an my beardie was playing. I stopped to watch and a maggot looking thing crawled out of his nose and down his chin. Its really freaking me out. Im calling a vet tomorrow but Id love to know whats going on if anyone can help.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Was it one of his feeder worms, like a wax worm or a phoenix worm? If not (or even if it was), I'd say you have big trouble. Get him to the vet ASAP - seriously.

valcore

Original Poster
No, I never feed him worms. I only give him crickets and veggies. Im calling the vet as soon as they open.

valcore

Original Poster
I have been! He was really active today, he doesn's seem a bit sick. The vet said it might be a parasite problem, his appointment is saturday morning. They said they would do an x-ray if they find anything. I don't know whats going on. I hope whatever it is he will be ok. Keep your fingers crossed for him please!! Ill let you know what they say when we get back.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
I will definitely keep my fingers crossed for you! Does he have any funny smells, especially coming from his mouth? How has his poop been?

valcore

Original Poster
No there hasn't been any funny smells. He had a big bowl movement yesterday. He hasn't had one today though.

kski

Hatchling Member
I still think that is one of the strangest things I've ever heard. Imagine something of that size comparison worming its way through your sinus cavity and out your nose! :shock: Eeesh. :puke:

valcore

Original Poster
He acted like he didnt even know it was happening and he still doesnt act different. He did act a little lazy before it happened though.

valcore

Original Poster
She didnt see anything in his nose, she said that they get nasal and lung parasites. But he is healthy and she gave him a parasite shot and told me to switch back to reptile carpet. I was using millet in his cage then started using wood chips. She told me it breeds bacteria and stuff. I still dont understand it, I clean it out everytime he uses the bathroom and bleach it once a month. Im taking him back in a couple weeks for a worm shot and he'll be seeing another doctor. Im going to ask his opinion. Oh and my beardie is possibly a girl lol. I think during her lazy period she was trying to lay eggs. I still keep saying he, Im so used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pooper
Top Bottom