Am i over reacting?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

VtFlash

My beardie is currently around 3 months old and has already indured ALOT. So you better understand i work part time at a so call pet store, a customer returned her saying they didnt like her color well two days later her back left left swelled up. Long story short they (the vets) think that some thing was droppped on her and the leg was removed.I was in the process of purchasing one after i did more research but knowing what her out come would be i adopted her.We were very fortunate to meet a great women that along with helping me with everything to be sure she has the proper life has become a great friend. A little while later she (the beardie) got an infection in her leg and right upper lip which has all cleared up after topical and oral antibiotics. Now that the topical ointment stains are gone along with the swelling i noticed her left side of her head seems to be growing faster and bigger then the right....Is this typical..has anyone seen this before??? Just wanted some opinions before spending 60 bucks on a vet visit just to tell me i'am over reacting.
Thank you

VtFlash

Original Poster
Unfortunatly she and my camera are not cooperating tonight. I dont know the terms but will try to explain it so please bear with me....The ridge alined with her eye is more promonet (sticks out farther) on left then right and Below the ridge that runs across her head is bigger (sticks out more and lnger on left). Sorry i could not post it. Thank you for the assistence with the ER but unfortunatly no help i tried all the key word i could think of.

VtFlash

Original Poster
You have been a great help thank you. I did worry about swelling so i ended up taking her to the vet. It turns out that due to a majority of thier muscle mass is in and around the neck the reason her left side is so much larger is because she is cominsating. Because she does not have the back left leg she will be larger in the front on that side. Which in till now never crossed my mind.thank you again...

Menolly

Juvie Member
Hey,
I'm sorry no one posted about your girl. I just wanted to say hi :wave: , and that you're pretty damn awesome for taking that girl on. Do you have any pictures of her? Cause I for one would love to see her!
Again, sorry I'm glad nothing was wrong with her.
Best of luck,
Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom