Coughing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmsb

Hello,

Lenny has started what can only be described as hissing, whlist puffing hiss beard out and opening his mouth. he doesnt do it when i touch him. its lyk hes coughing or sumthing is stuck in his throat.

his temps are ryt, hes eating and sleeping fyn......so i dnt knw what else to do!

anyone got any ideas???

Thanxz xx

Menolly

Juvie Member
What exactly do you mean by coughing? Does he have a black beard and/or stress marks when he does this?
Could tell me exactly what type of bulb you have?
I know that sometimes my beardie will puff himself up for no reason randomly and them basically have a huge yawn. He is still sitting there with his bright happy colors. :roll: . Gave me a heart attack and a half when he did that the first time. Someone told me it's how they stretch out.
Mel

csmsb

Original Poster
Hes kind of hissing. But i am able to hold him and pet him. His beard does go black. It started last night. he had done this before a few weeks ago but he only did it once.

Im just worried as he has been doing it more reguarly today. His buld is 150 watt Exo-Terra Sun Glo spot lamp.

Catx

Menolly

Juvie Member
Was there anything around to scare him at all? Do you have a cat or any other type of animal in the house?

csmsb

Original Poster
we have a fish tank. but thats always been there. he seemed to stop last night but hes doing it again today. he seems to be eating ok although he will only eat a few crickets. yesterday he only manged 2.

hes also pooping everyday, which is odd as he usually poops every second day.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
What are the temps in his tank and what type of thermometer are you using to measure them? What's the humidity level? Is it possible that he ate a cricket that was too large for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom