my sick beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi im tracey and i own 2 bearded dragons..one male one female.....today i hav noticed that the male is severly bloated and keeps going into convulsions as if he is about to vomit! i think it is from overeating and he is now too full! wat am i able to do....???
i have already givin him a warm baTH!PLEASE SOMEBODY GET BACK TO ME

LJean

Extreme Poster
Sorry to hear your dragon isn't feeling well. I'm not really sure if I can help.

What is his basking temps? Try to keep him warm and hydrated.

How old is he? What were you feeding him?

TomandJerry

Original Poster
they are both brother and sister! no older than 4 months he is great for eating and vry active and it is killing me to look at him in such pain! i hav him lying on his heat mat now!!he eats veg crickets and i hav only started feeding him wax worms...i know these are filling and i think this is whats wrong!!from what i hear i dont think it can be fixed....apparently as he is so full it causes too much stress on his spines and organs!! :(

LJean

Extreme Poster
Poor thing. Just try to get him to poop. Don't feed any more bugs until this passes.

When was the last time he pooped?
What is his basking spot temperature? They need good temps for digestion.
Is the heat mat the only source of heat you have?

TomandJerry

Original Poster
im not sure when the last time was as i hav the two in the same tank!!he cannot even walk and keeps going into convulsions as if he is about to vomit but the closes his eyes with his head flat on the ground!basking temp is just at 30 degrees

LJean

Extreme Poster
30 degrees farenheit or celcius?

Both beardies need a basking temperature of 105-110F (or 43C) degrees to properly digest their food. I think you can help him if you quickly get hotter basking temps. He needs this to help get rid of the food in his stomache.

Are you using a UVb light?

TomandJerry

Original Poster
what else would u recommend me to do to raise the temp.i hav a heat mat, heat emmitter 60W, and a heat light!he is lying directly on the heat mat as i moved the sand out of the way!!!30 degrees celcius

LJean

Extreme Poster
I'm not sure. Does he have a branch or rock that you could move a bit closer to the heat light?

Sometimes a bit of olive oil helps them poo.

I just feel so bad when someone's dragon isn't doing well. Trying to rack my brain on how to help.
I also hope that someone more knowledgable comes on to help soon.

Oh yes! A good UVB light is very important for dragons. Especially when they are growing.

TomandJerry

Original Poster
aw i know your very good!ive been searching the net and i havnt found any answers!i just got my boyfriend to fit the uvb light and he seems to be much more alert! does it hav to be olive oil or will cooking oil do the same job! thanks so much!appreciate it

LJean

Extreme Poster
I'm not sure about the cooking oil. Canned pumpkin (not pie filling) helps too, or a bit of unsweetened applesauce. I'm just not sure he should get any more food. ;)

TomandJerry

Original Poster
ye me either! i hav put him up on a rock t im afraid to put him higher incase he falls because he is not stable! im off now but thanks a mill for ur help ill get on 2moro and let u know how hes doing ;)

TomandJerry

Original Poster
does anybpdy else hav any ideas i dont want to bring him to the vet as i know someone who had a biopsy and all done on thereb beardy and it still passed away! its still the same this morning!HELP

luvthydragon

Juvie Member
Sorry - I'm very new at this too and can't give much advice.....

(BUMP)

Hope your BD gets better soon.

Best wishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom