1 month old baby may have broken legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicka19

2 days ago a freak accident happened. My shelf fell over and a cd case dropped in my babys tank. And of course it had to hit him right oh his lower back by his legs and tail. He has no movement in his back legs but he can move his tail. I had to take him out fron all the other babies because I was afraid he was going to get trampled on by them. But I just felt so bad because he was all alone. Well the next day I put him back in the tank with his brothers and sisters and he was walking around while his back legs were dragging. He can chase the crickets around and eat fine and none of them bother him. I think they no that he is hurt or something so they all go and lay next to him. We named the littly guy gimp. But little gimp can still run and catch crickets and he can climb on his logs but he is kinda clumbsy. He can turn over very easly because his back legs are in the way. I haven't seen him poop yet but if he does and if he can eat do you think little gimp could live. Please help. I want gimp to live. And even if his back legs never work do you think he could live a full life. My bf was thinking of putting him on a tecdeck to help him get around easier lol. Any help would be great. Oh and if anyone else is interested I have 10 more babies for sale. I think there called hypo orange or something. Thanks again

EclpsPrinc

Juvie Member
You really should take little gimp into the vet so they can do a full assessment on the damage. :( Poor guy... hope he recovers well.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, taking him to the vet to get checked out would be a good idea. However, in the meantime, please separate him from his other brothers & sisters. I would hate for them to begin picking on him & for him not to be able to get away from them since he is injured.
I suggest a small tank, with NO basking platform so he doesn't have to climb. Make the light 6-8 inches from him so he can get warm & make sure he can regulate his temperatures. Do you have an extra UVB light to put over him?
There are lots of animals with special needs, so, as long as he can go to the bathroom on his own, & can get food there is no reason that he can't have a good life, if you are willing to care for him.

Tracie

K9KidsLove

Sub-Adult Member
Hi...Sorry about Gimps' problems.
I agree that you must put him in his own enclosure...a 20 gal tank or a rubbermaid tote would be fine. You need to be able to monitor his eating & pottying. Plus he needs to be safe from his siblings climbing on him or fighting with him cause he is the underdog.
Make sure his ReptiSun 10 fluorescent tube UVB is 6"-8" from him and his basking temp is 100-110. Are you taking temps with a temp gun or a digital thermometer with a probe on the end of a wire?
He really needs to be xrayed to see if he is broken or just has tissue damage.
Keep us informed
Good luck
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom